Mike Redmond relieved of his Managerial Duties

I agree with this move till some point. Some losses this season it was due to Redmonds decisions. But at the same time Loria is expecting a miracle manager. I wouldnt want to be a manager for this team because for Loria is easy to point the finger at everybody else but him.

Guest Vince0926

I like redmond. He is a good guy. I am a good guy too. But i cant be a doctor. I cant be a pilot. I cant be a boxer. He cant be a manager. Simple as that

So much for fucking stability.

​I think it is a good thing- he deserved better than the team was giving him. The only way to wake this team up, is to replace the manager. They've tried everything else.

I might laugh if it's Conine, and I'll buy 5 different jerseys if it's Piazza!

I hatethis move more so because it's confirmation of failure... BUUUUT I still think this team is full of talent and Im anxious to see what the new manager can do. It's a new beginning tomorrow and despite the record this season can still be at least a success. Start fresh and move on from here.  

Well came out of left field.

Gotta expect this is Loria wanting Wally Backman as manager. He loved Valentine and Guillen for being fiery managers and Backman loves to yell and scream and be obnoxious just like them.

This definitely reeks of a Loria move. Six games under .500 is unacceptable but Redmond isn't responsible for the starting rotation being built poorly to start the year and some players just under performing. Redmond was never the greatest manager obviously but he wasn't the worst we've ever had. Oh well. Hopefully this change puts a fire under the players asses, but who really knows so whatever.