Mike Redmond relieved of his Managerial Duties

Guest Vince0926

16-22 in 2003.....16-22 now. With that said.....i will watching the game tomorrow! Maybe history will repeat itself.

Well came out of left field.

Gotta expect this is Loria wanting Wally Backman as manager. He loved Valentine and Guillen for being fiery managers and Backman loves to yell and scream and be obnoxious just like them.

This definitely reeks of a Loria move. Six games under .500 is unacceptable but Redmond isn't responsible for the starting rotation being built poorly to start the year and some players just under performing. Redmond was never the greatest manager obviously but he wasn't the worst we've ever had. Oh well. Hopefully this change puts a fire under the players asses, but who really knows so whatever.

i think someone already mentioned this but that's Loria for you.

We need fiery coach!  Hire Ozzie Guillen!

We need players coach!  Hire Mike Redmond!

We need fiery coach!  Hire Backman!

And so on...

I don't think a single manager he's hired since they won the series could be considered a successful hire. 

(AP) Miami - Breaking News: Miami Marlins have relieved Mike Redmond of his managerial duties.  The new interim Manager will be a By-Committee of Forum Posters and decisions will be made in-game  via chatroom forum on MarlinsBaseball.com "Decisions will be made during each game.  Members will post options and suggestions and then we will all vote  and go with what is best for the team," said Admin, the site's owner.

(AP) Miami - Breaking News: Miami Marlins have relieved Mike Redmond of his managerial duties.  The new interim Manager will be a By-Committee of Forum Posters and decisions will be made in-game  via chatroom forum on MarlinsBaseball.com "Decisions will be made during each game.  Members will post options and suggestions and then we will all vote  and go with what is best for the team," said Admin, the site's owner.

​I'm in.

I forgot Redmond was supposed to make Phelps and Koehler pitch like Cy Young.

​exactly.  He hasn't even had his 1-2 front of the rotation available, and the #3 (Latos) has sucked balls. 

Again I don't love Redmond and maybe another guy will have more success, but hard to pin all this on him.  Whatever, nature of the business.