Carter Capps

Erick

Can he be converted into a closer? Or at least a guy who's consistently used in high leverage situations more often than Cishek?

I think Jennings is a bit Yost-ian in that he has Capps in the 8th inning, regardless of situation. Tough situation in the 7th? Too bad, that's not Capps' inning.

I wonder how much of an advantage that delivery is giving him. Maybe MLB will step in and overturn their ruling. They probably have the power to do so.

They have the power to do whatever the Samuel Hell they want, but I don't think they'll go back on their original ruling mid-season. Might be an issue in the offseason though.

I think Jennings is a bit Yost-ian in that he has Capps in the 8th inning, regardless of situation. Tough situation in the 7th? Too bad, that's not Capps' inning.

Not necessarily. Capps has been brought in to get out of jams in earlier innings and times where he is the first guy to come out of the pen if the starter was to get in trouble. FWIW Capps has pitched 4.2 innings in the 7th this year and 5.2 innings in the 8th. 

Can he be converted into a closer? Or at least a guy who's consistently used in high leverage situations more often than Cishek?

Not as long as OCD Jennings is managing. Cishek has to be the first guy out of the pen and there has to be a double switch a game. It keeps his world in check.

Not as long as OCD Jennings is managing. Cishek has to be the first guy out of the pen and there has to be a double switch a game. It keeps his world in check.

Dan Jennings' wife at home: "Honey, why is the orange juice in the milk container again?"

DJ: "I'm a big league manager now sweetheart! That's called a double switch!"

Wife: "Is that also why there's a Solano mowing our lawn?"