Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Energy, Accountability, Structure

Featured Replies

I went back to when Redmond was replaced by Jennings and I found some quotes from Loria saying he still believed in his players for 2015 but that under Redmond the team showed no energy, there was no accountability, and there was a lack of structure. He then said Jennings was the right guy to bring those things to the team regardless of his lack of experience.

 

Now that the Dan Jennings as manager experiment is reaching its conclusion, I thought it was time to revisit the above words.

 

Was Loria right about Redmond lacking those things? Did Jennings bring those things to the team even without improving the teams record? 

 

Thoughts?

 

 

I went back to when Redmond was replaced by Jennings and I found some quotes from Loria saying he still believed in his players for 2015 but that under Redmond the team showed no energy, there was no accountability, and there was a lack of structure. He then said Jennings was the right guy to bring those things to the team regardless of his lack of experience.

 

Now that the Dan Jennings as manager experiment is reaching its conclusion, I thought it was time to revisit the above words.

 

Was Loria right about Redmond lacking those things? Did Jennings bring those things to the team even without improving the teams record? 

 

Thoughts?

 

I mean Jesus, Redmond had some personality. Shouldn't have fired him but should have gotten rid of these hacks sooner. Like latos for example. You and I knew we were doomed when Jennings took over.

 

 

The problem has rarely been with the manager. This situation is like a dumb teacher trying to read aloud a book to deaf children and constantly blaming the kids for not listening. The problem is well beyond the guy in the clubhouse.

 

 

the problem starts with the manager passing through the entire FO and ends with the GM, from DJ to DJ

 

 

The problem has rarely been with the manager. This situation is like a dumb teacher trying to read aloud a book to deaf children and constantly blaming the kids for not listening. The problem is well beyond the guy in the clubhouse.

 

what? I didnt hear you. LOL.

 

 

I do like Jennings aggressive attempts to maximize the teams potential by doing things Redmond wouldn't. Dietrich going to LF strikes me as the biggest move I don't think Redmond would have made, he didn't take those kinds of chances even though it's a move that seemed so obvious to most. 

 

I liked Red quite a bit, though, and it's easy to complain about any manager when things don't go the way we'd like.

 

 

I do like Jennings aggressive attempts to maximize the teams potential by doing things Redmond wouldn't. Dietrich going to LF strikes me as the biggest move I don't think Redmond would have made, he didn't take those kinds of chances even though it's a move that seemed so obvious to most. 

 

I liked Red quite a bit, though, and it's easy to complain about any manager when things don't go the way we'd like.

 

Welcome back!

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.