Jose Fernandez Rumor

Jokersgoon

Guest Vince0926
105 days untill we will be horrified with the reality of our 2016 starting rotaion

Sad. You can hang this one on the front office. Crowds will be most interesting.

I feel like everyone here misses that there are two sides of baseball ownership. The Public side, I.E. new ballparks, community activities, relations with the surrounding area. The second is winning on the field. Loria is really actually not bad at the first one, once you get over his clear inability to do the second. If he had decided to hire a new aged analytically minded front office guy and built a completely proprietary computing centre. Then just let it do its thing, hand off. He would actually be a really good owner. His problem is that he doesn't know anything about baseball, but he thinks he does. I call it the Jerry Jones conundrum.

But Jerry Jones got some serious money and Loria is crying broke all the time. I think they will really try and push for that TV deal for the 2017 but even then isn't the deal 2020? Does that carry a penalty to try to renegotiate? 

I think the biggest off season signing Marlins do is just extending Gordon. That is actually something to talk about since Marlins offering 5 years and he wants 7 years. Stick to 5 and give a club option for the 6th year. You can't compare Gordon to Yelich because Yelich is far superior.

I feel like everyone here misses that there are two sides of baseball ownership. The Public side, I.E. new ballparks, community activities, relations with the surrounding area. The second is winning on the field. Loria is really actually not bad at the first one, once you get over his clear inability to do the second. If he had decided to hire a new aged analytically minded front office guy and built a completely proprietary computing centre. Then just let it do its thing, hand off. He would actually be a really good owner. His problem is that he doesn't know anything about baseball, but he thinks he does. I call it the Jerry Jones conundrum.

You mean like that time they had a community event and no players showed up? How Samson insults the intelligence of the fan base with the press still? How there are empty tenants in the surrounding areas of the park? How they can't sell naming rights? Solid organization there.

You're giving him way too much credit. Yea, he got a ballpark. Great. A real owner would have closed a deal in 2004 and broke ground at latest in 2005 following world series hype. 

He's going to make $750+ million in profit when he sells the team. Let's not forget about that when we're talking about them not signing a $40 million pitcher this offseason or buying out Fernandez with a real offer.

You mean like that time they had a community event and no players showed up? How Samson insults the intelligence of the fan base with the press still? How there are empty tenants in the surrounding areas of the park? How they can't sell naming rights? Solid organization there.

You're giving him way too much credit. Yea, he got a ballpark. Great. A real owner would have closed a deal in 2004 and broke ground at latest in 2005 following world series hype. 

He's going to make $750+ million in profit when he sells the team. Let's not forget about that when we're talking about them not signing a $40 million pitcher this offseason or buying out Fernandez with a real offer.

damn Loria just got tolddddddddddddddddddddddddd. 

Also, don't forget about Mike Hill's comments last year about the fan base being "smart enough" to understand why they did those trades. Those were some of the worst I've heard form this organization.