Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dee Gordon Suspended for 80 Games

Featured Replies

Also, we can assume Dee Gordon is not one of those players who is "randomly" tested several times per year while other guys don't get looked at for several seasons. He may have been juicing his entire Marlins career.

 

 

Interesting thought:

 

Given the long appeals process, the team must have known about this for some time.

 

Loria STILL awarded Deeg with the batting title pendant thingy.

 

ehhh i dont think that's true....pretty sure they keep these pretty under wraps even within the organization until it's released

 

 

Got 3 dislikes Sunday over this but hey, I'm no expert

 

"I'm a firm believer in doing well for your company and not necessarily standing out but doing an admirable job. When he was praised and received that chain, I believe that's a bad omen. I don't think he's gotten a hit since and I have lost faith in him. Kind of like canseco getting a street named after him in Miami and they had to take it down based on steroids. Him being presented this chain in the middle of the season was the wrong thing to do."

 

tell em polly.

 

 

Lol! Vince was right.... I think he may be a prophet :cry-min:

 

 

  • Author
Marlins just signed him...they're kind of stuck... Everyone will forget about this in a year

Morals Clause- I'm sure they would think about it for a second like he Yankees did with ARod

 

Sent from my iPhone using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

 

 

with some of you saying this probably goes back to last year i find it even more bizarre then that Loria had that bauble made for him for the batting title.

 

 

  • Author
Also, we can assume Dee Gordon is not one of those players who is "randomly" tested several times per year while other guys don't get looked at for several seasons. He may have been juicing his entire Marlins career.

Every player is tested randomly- if they test others more than some the discrimination I. The workplace will open them up to a MASSIVE LAWSUIT.

 

Sent from my iPhone using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

 

 

I feel like there's no way the organization knew about this in Spring Training when they signed him to a long-term contract.

 

Also, I think that's kind of dumb. If a player gets busted for PEDs, it shouldn't be a guaranteed contract anymore. The guy broke the rules of the contract. 

 

 

Too much praise will never end well. Learned this from my father. And sure enough. I love this game, but maybe I love it too much. And I'm very disappointed.

 

 

with some of you saying this probably goes back to last year i find it even more bizarre then that Loria had that bauble made for him for the batting title.

 

Started a thread about him on Sunday about the whole thing.

 

 

That's a different story/issue. They are banned and they do give players advantages when they use them and that's wack. If they were universally allowed, Not sure why you're turning this into anything else besides Dee cheating. 

 

I'm turning it into other stuff because it's bothered me for years how much Miggy is revered here, and how many other sport stars are in the general public eye, after they've been arrested for domestic abuse and no one gives a shit. Yet a super competitive guy (which, you basically can only become a professional athlete by being super competitive) does what he can to be the best that he can (which is exactly what the public wants) and he's the worst thing ever.

 

Even though so much other cheating happens in sports, especially baseball. There's the "approved" cheating, and the "unapproved." Face it, steroids are "unapproved" because of the perception of steroids because of propaganda in the 1980's. There's nothing inherently wrong with them, assuming taken by an adult under proper supervision.

 

Combine the propganda of the 1980's with the witch hung of the mid 2000's and the wrap steroids have is so moronic. Other cheating is fine, but you take steroids and omg you're a  terrible human being

 

 

  • Author

You know- Cunningham resigned Abruptly after opening day- I wonder what he knew and if Dee Gordon was administered anything by accident by Cunningham that led to this positive test.

 

Cunningham was here for almost a decade and he just quit- Dee has had his appeal for maybe two months.

 

I'm just spitballing but I wonder.

 

Sent from my iPhone using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

 

 

I'm happy you guys are starting to be convinced of COL, but for the very wrong reasons. Because that's who we are. Though I must say this was a wonderful series though the way this franchise is, it has left me with a bad taste in my mouth.

 

 

You know- Cunningham resigned Abruptly after opening day- I wonder what he knew and if Dee Gordon was administered anything by accident by Cunningham that led to this positive test.

 

Cunningham was here for almost a decade and he just quit- Dee has had his appeal for maybe two months.

 

I'm just spitballing but I wonder.

 

Sent from my iPhone using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

 

Interesting. 

 

 

Maybe if you had absolutely no other strengths in your game. It's not like the dude even hits the ball that hard. He just puts it in play and runs. Hand eye coordination and speed are his two biggest assets. I would say if anything it would be more about him recovering being that he has the stature of a 14 year old boy 

 

Right, that's kind of what I mean though. When you're 6'6 like Stanton, you don't need shit. Allegedly*, Gordon's 5'11 and 170. I'm 5'11 and 160 and I'm barely at intermittent strength standards and my body is wrecked after an especially heavy work out. That's the kind of guy that needs help, the guy who's not genetically gifted in strength and endurance

 

*I'd kind of be surprised if Gordon was actually bigger than me

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.