Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dee Gordon Suspended for 80 Games

Featured Replies

Oh this thought... besides losing what Dee himself literally brought to the game, there's a chance the rest of the team might not play any worse. This isn't a drop your head down a sulk and pout thing like losing to the braves. This is more a well we're so fuckin pissed and wanna kill the opposition and wanna prove the rest of us can do this without Dee that they might actually have a little fire for a while. I can absolutely see Stanton, Prado, Ichiro, Mathis and especially Jose leading the way and saying let's go fucking wild out there!

 

 

Who's gonna take a leadoff role? Yelich?

 

I'd almost say Realmuto, he's probably the fastest guy in the lineup now behind Yelich? And swinging the bat well?

 

Idk man, I'm at a loss for words. I thought I was dreaming when I read that.

 

 

I wonder what his teammates are thinking. And will Dee come back and be accepted forgiven and loved or is this it and now he gets booed and no one wants to see his face again? And ya know, the Marlins did good trading for Dee, making him part of this core, and giving him that contract and then HE went and fucked this all up. For once not one ounce of this is on Loria Hill Samson, even DJ, and all the other clowns we always rag on in our FO. They didn't do a thing wrong here and did this one right for once and Dee shits on it all. Fuck man why?

 

 

This is rough. He still has my support, though. I'll be cheering him when he comes back, and I'll want for him to succeed very badly.

 

 

This is rough. He still has my support, though. I'll be cheering him when he comes back, and I'll want for him to succeed very badly.

Finally someone with a little less hatred. Look, what he did was wrong but I cannot wrap my head around "We were all wrong, Dee Gordon is the devil and he kills kittens with his new pendant behind the strength of his steroid infused muscles!" I only keep going back to the term insecurity. After his success last year, assuming he wasn't on the roids then, he probably felt he needed an advantage to keep up his success and did this out of insecurity more than anything else. I could be dead wrong but the amount of hatred spewing from people's mouths is staggering. A lot of it is a knee jerk reaction and that's understandable but I'm not ok with burning the man's house down. Again, I could be wrong so whatever.

 

 

Finally someone with a little less hatred. Look, what he did was wrong but I cannot wrap my head around "We were all wrong, Dee Gordon is the devil and he kills kittens with his new pendant behind the strength of his steroid infused muscles!" I only keep going back to the term insecurity. After his success last year, assuming he wasn't on the roids then, he probably felt he needed an advantage to keep up his success and did this out of insecurity more than anything else. I could be dead wrong but the amount of hatred spewing from people's mouths is staggering. A lot of it is a knee jerk reaction and that's understandable but I'm not ok with burning the man's house down. Again, I could be wrong so whatever.

 

We don't know when it started and for what specific reason. Regardless, he did not beat anyone up, or do anything despicable outside of the realm of baseball. I understand that it's an unfair advantage, and not an example I'd want set for my son (because steroids are, indeed, dangerous) - however, the community outreach he does, his attitude, etc. have not occurred because of his steroid use. In the realest sense, he is not a fraud.

 

 

Good point about his community work. I bet a bunch of u don't know this but he has a foundation that helps kids who have lost their parents as he did as a child.

 

 

I'll definitely root for him when he comes back. I root for everyone who puts on the uniform. I even rooted for Heath Bell so I'll have no problem with Dee.

 

 

Per the JDA, Gordon will also not be eligible to participate in postseason play this year, should the Marlins make it that far.

 

OUCH, oh didn't know that. Yeah definitely shitty.

 

 

Karl Ravech said if half a season and a million dollars isn't enough to deter PED use, should the next punishment be a full season or void a contract?

 

i agree it should. 

 

 

Who replaces him on baseball card giveaway day June 22?

 

 

blah blah cheater cheater who gives a shit what he does to his own bodyMiggy hits his wife and ya'll act like he's god gifts to men

 

But Dee does something to himself to try and better himself and he's satan

For the record Miggy is not god to me in the least. Glad he's not on this team.

 

Sent from my SM-G900T using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

 

 

Right I'm not sure this a deterrent.  I mean he had a so-so season in LA, then a fantastic season presumably aided by PED, then gets a big contract.    Not sure he'd regret that.

 

None of this makes him a horrible person of course, just a bad choice.  Or maybe a good choice because see above.  And then there's the letting your teammates down etc etc stuff.  

 

And won't someone think of the children??   My 10 year old is gonna want to know why you're out Dee, ARE YOU GONNA EXPLAIN IT TO HIM?!?! 

 

Actually I'm just telling him you punched a dolphin.

 

 

Just tell your kids he's on the 80 day DL who will happen to catch a cold from October 5 - November 1.

 

 

TNA Mike Tenay: What's Gee Bordon doing on the impact zone?!

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.