Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dee Gordon Suspended for 80 Games

Featured Replies

Firstly, the team was fucking good.  Secondly, he led in most categories known to man last year.  Thirdly, this might cripple team morale.  Fourthly, we are likely going to win up to twenty fewer games because of this.

We'll be fine.

 

Sent from my SM-G900T using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

 

 

Without Dee for 80 games, the fish won't need to worry about that probably

 

I actually think we will keep winning.

 

 

We'll be fine.

 

Sent from my SM-G900T using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

 

Exactly. I'd be tossing and turning if it was yelich or Stanton.

 

 

I woke up at 2am to check my phone for the time and got the notification from MLB Trade Rumors that Dee Gordon was suspended. I thought it was a freaking joke yet half asleep I read the whole article. I didn't even check the forums because I knew it would be 13+ pages deep by then lol.

 

I kept waking up thinking it was a joke or a dream. I really like Dee Gordon, love his style of play and what he brings to the table. Once he comes back I will be rooting for him, I root for the team not the player. This sucks because a lot of people will be giving the guy crap.

 

He cheated and there is no sugar coating that, if anything his glove will be missed the most and his game changing speed. Dietrich should fill in fine but his glove to me is still suspect. I wonder who they are going to replace.

 

Looks like he took the real deal steroids after reading every single comment. That blows. Media is gonna have a field day going after Barry on this for no apparent reason.

 

Also [uSER=5078]@pollyvonwog[/uSER] I can definitely see why you are upset, but pull back a little bro. He messed up. Now if it was Stanton then @Admin would need to shut down the site lol.

 

 

Dee Gordon said in statement: I made a mistake and I accept the consequences."

 

— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) 2016년 4월 29일

 

 

Dee:Though I did not do so knowingly,I have been informed that test results showed I ingested something that contained prohibited substances

 

— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) 2016년 4월 29일

 

 

Gordon: The hardest part about this is feeling that I have let down my teammates, the organization, and the fans.

 

— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) 2016년 4월 29일

 

 

 

Gordon: I have been careful to avoid products that could contain something banned by MLB and the 20+ tests that I have taken and passed..

 

— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) 2016년 4월 29일

 

 

 

Do a press conference when they get back to Marlins Park. Answer all questions own up to it and move on. At least he ins't lying like Ryan Braun did. That guy is forever scarred for what he did. 

 

 

I'm turning it into other stuff because it's bothered me for years how much Miggy is revered here, and how many other sport stars are in the general public eye, after they've been arrested for domestic abuse and no one gives a shit. Yet a super competitive guy (which, you basically can only become a professional athlete by being super competitive) does what he can to be the best that he can (which is exactly what the public wants) and he's the worst thing ever.Even though so much other cheating happens in sports, especially baseball. There's the "approved" cheating, and the "unapproved." Face it, steroids are "unapproved" because of the perception of steroids because of propaganda in the 1980's. There's nothing inherently wrong with them, assuming taken by an adult under proper supervision.

 

Combine the propganda of the 1980's with the witch hung of the mid 2000's and the wrap steroids have is so moronic. Other cheating is fine, but you take steroids and omg you're a  terrible human being

Says who? I was a fan when he was here. I booed him on opening day.

 

Sent from my SM-G900T using MarlinsBaseball.com mobile app

 

 

I heard it on the radio in the 10 seconds they give of airtime for the Marlins I was shocked. weird I didn't get the MLB notification tho

 

 

I heard it on the radio in the 10 seconds they give of airtime for the Marlins I was shocked. weird I didn't get the MLB notification tho

 

You talking about 790? If so that was like a 5 sec thing. Guys are tools. They never give the Marlins props.

 

 

You talking about 790? If so that was like a 5 sec thing. Guys are tools. They never give the Marlins props.

 

yeah exactly and not a single mention of the 4 games sweep , all they talked about is heat, some dolphins cause of the draft and BS

 

 

He said Dee Gordon suspended for 80 Games for PED. Chew on that for a bit. Then they cut to commercials. If Heat lose it's going to be Dolphins talk all day after that.

 

Hoping the Heat get the Win tonight tho.

 

 

Sorry. Not buying it. You got caught because the tests get more advanced and whatever you were using to mask the roids was beaten.

 

Exactly there is no sugar coating the thing. Did someone drop it in his protein shake or cereal? Best thing this guy can do is come completely clean. Everyone moves on after that. You are just fueling the media fire when you give half assed answers like that.

 

 

Oh well. But yay for deets!!!

 

 

Athletes treat their bodies like temples, they know what goes in it. I never buy the "I didn't know" excuse.

 

Exactly. Similar situation with Maria Sharapova a couple of months back. With the amount of trainers and health gurus that sports teams and athletes have these days, there is no way they don't have all products with illegal substances flagged up.

 

 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.