Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5/25 Alligator Alley/Citrus Series Game 3

Featured Replies

Why don't we focus on how many runs he might give up, since limiting runs is one of the more meaningful aspects of pitching?  In anticipation of the snarky comments about his last start, he was actually very good outside of that one inning.

 

I'll go 4 runs allowed, 2 strikeouts.

 

 

Why don't we focus on how many runs he might give up, since limiting runs is one of the more meaningful aspects of pitching?  In anticipation of the snarky comments about his last start, he was actually very good outside of that one inning.

 

mainly because his negative so to bb ratio is absolutely hilarious for a mlb pitcher. 

 

I'm going to say he gives up 6 ER to this right hand power heavy lineup. 

 

 

So laughable, yet he almost never gives up a significant amount of runs.  The team is always in the game when he is on the mound.

 

No doubt, he's been an adequate # 5 (mainly cause of the doyers start). 

 

The thing is eventually all those line outs (his % given up is above league avg same w medium and hard hit) are going to start finding more holes. That with all the bbs and and amazing lack of ks probably mean some regression from his already unsparkling ERA is coming. 

 

Completely hope I'm wrong and he strikes out 10 tonight. 

 

 

Stanton gets a day off today. Not a bit odd timing given he hit his first homer in a while yesterday?

 

Don Mattingly's Day Off Flow Chart:

 

Is the player slumping?

 

YES = keep him in the lineup

 

NO = give him a day off

 

 

Stanton gets a day off today. Not a bit odd timing given he hit his first homer in a while yesterday?

 

Guessing or is the lineup already out? 

 

 

Guessing or is the lineup already out? 

 

Lineup is out. Could have put Stanton at DH to give his body a rest from playing the field.

 

 

Lineup is out. Could have put Stanton at DH to give his body a rest from playing the field.

 

Yeah that makes no sense 

 

 

American League opponent. 10 strikeouts.

 

 

Gillespie with the start.  I guess he is being rewarded for his freaking SAC FLY!  It's a good thing Donny Baseball runs a tight and cohesive clubhouse because I have yet to be impressed with his on field decisions.  

 

 

Mattingly says Stanton "has a little soreness" on his right side. Not in lineup.

 

As per Clark Spencer.  Makes more sense.

 

 

This is a very tough lineup for nicolino with pierce and longoria. 

 

By the way as a side note. I have to correct the announcers yesterday. But alligator alley doesn't really run all the way to Tampa. I-75 does but the nickname alligator alley really is supposed to just be that stretch from Fort Lauderdale to Naples which used to be this crappy two lane state road similar to the tamiami trail or US 27. Eventually that was converted and connected to I-75 and I think people now refer to the whole Florida part of I-75 as alligator alley but the real floridians know that once I-75 turns northward it isn't alligator alley anymore. 

 

 

i mean, we probably should have kept brad hand as a one inning IP. He's going full Andrew miller with the Ks right now (still walks a lot). What was the reason for not doing that again considering the alternatives?

 

 

i mean, we probably should have kept brad hand as a one inning IP. He's going full Andrew miller with the Ks right now (still walks a lot). What was the reason for not doing that again considering the alternatives?

 

Only thing I can think of is flexibility due to him being out of options. Because this shit of not having even one lefty in the pen is pretty crappy. Not only that but the curious thing is we have three lefty starters. 

 

 

He would be lightyears better than Morris, regardless of which arm each of them uses.

 

and breslow and narverson and any other lefty. I don't get why they didn't give him a shot in the one inning role a la phelps

 

 

and breslow and narverson and any other lefty. I don't get why they didn't give him a shot in the one inning role a la phelps

 

The front office did it to satisfy Vince. 

 

 

  • Author
This is a very tough lineup for nicolino with pierce and longoria. 

 

By the way as a side note. I have to correct the announcers yesterday. But alligator alley doesn't really run all the way to Tampa. I-75 does but the nickname alligator alley really is supposed to just be that stretch from Fort Lauderdale to Naples which used to be this crappy two lane state road similar to the tamiami trail or US 27. Eventually that was converted and connected to I-75 and I think people now refer to the whole Florida part of I-75 as alligator alley but the real floridians know that once I-75 turns northward it isn't alligator alley anymore. 

 

Yeah you're right, I just went with what Niner said because he's my all time favorite Marlin, so what he says goes!

 

 

At least Jose is pitching tomorrow.

 

Unless he gets banned for PEDs or something weird happens because Marlins.

 

 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.