Cashner hates facial hair policy

Admin

What if the player was Jewish or Muslim and needed a beard.

Then he can change his religion.

I love humans. This guy is a millionaire, getting paid to play a kid's sport. And he's unhappy because of an ugly beard. Have fun somewhere else next year, bro. You're pitching like shit today anyway.

Every player on the team was forced to shave and they were previously on a team where facial hair was allowed. Remember the fish were allowing it. If they were already under contract, its the same thing as being traded to a team with the rule. To think it'd be ok for Cashner to keep his facial hair is beyond ridiculous. It'd be an easy way to alienate Cashner from his teammates immediately.

Cashner is welcome to retire if he doesn't like the rules, make sure to forfeit that salary at the same time.

I think the facial hair rule is stupid but it is a rule for everyone on the team, no exceptions.

Would that be the same salary that SD is paying so Loria could dump what little talent we still have for a washed up crappy starter?

No? No I don't. 

Cashner's beard took more than a season to grow. I'm not going to make the same point ten times over, but again... Cashner didn't agree to come here. This organization should be accommodating. "Fair" means if he wants to return as a free agent, he has to shave. 

Dont fucking acquire a player if you're just going to piss him off. 

Did the players on the roster to start the season all agree to this policy and I missed it? Is Cashner the only person who had to shave unwillingly? Every single player on that team unwillingly has to shave. This isn't about just Cashner.

Did the players on the roster to start the season all agree to this policy and I missed it? Is Cashner the only person who had to shave unwillingly? Every single player on that team unwillingly has to shave. This isn't about just Cashner.

Hey we're twins again!

Oh my God it's a beard, dude!  The Marlins aren't telling him he has to donate blood or get a nose job. Hahshahahah

So? It's not my point to rationalize having his stupid ass beard. It's that the Marlins don't bother their ass to think. The one time they've ever tried to actually consider putting the players first was when they decided to fire Tommy Hutton because someone who sucked complained.

like I said, don't even bother acquiring Cashner if you're going to have an unhappy player because of your irrational rules. Either pass on him, or make a reasonable allowance. It's Cashner's stupid decision to love his beard that much, but it's the Marlins responsibility to understand he's going to make a stink about it. And for that, they ought to be criticized. It's not MLB The Show. If you don't consider the players as people, you're being inefficient and developing a shitty reputation. The Marlins are the fucking Spirit Airways of the MLB.

So? It's not my point to rationalize having his stupid ass beard. It's that the Marlins don't bother their ass to think. The one time they've ever tried to actually consider putting the players first was when they decided to fire Tommy Hutton because someone who sucked complained.

like I said, don't even bother acquiring Cashner if you're going to have an unhappy player because of your irrational rules. Either pass on him, or make a reasonable allowance. It's Cashner's stupid decision to love his beard that much, but it's the Marlins responsibility to understand he's going to make a stink about it. And for that, they ought to be criticized. It's not MLB The Show. If you don't consider the players as people, you're being inefficient and developing a shitty reputation. The Marlins are the fucking Spirit Airways of the MLB.

Your argument stinks.

You say the team should put the players first but you'd be giving special treatment to one guy and flipping off the other 24 in the dugout. And again, some were under contract before the rule started so they are in the same boat as Cashner. They didn't choose it. Mike Dunn for instance had facial hair and had to shave cause he had another year on his deal. How is that different? Answer that sir.

Your argument stinks.

You say the team should put the players first but you'd be giving special treatment to one guy and flipping off the other 24 in the dugout. And again, some were under contract before the rule started so they are in the same boat as Cashner. They didn't choose it. Mike Dunn for instance had facial hair and had to shave cause he had another year on his deal. How is that different? Answer that sir.

Someone must be bored tonight. It's my opinion. Sorry you got angry at my post. 

like I said, don't even bother acquiring Cashner if you're going to have an unhappy player because of your irrational rules. Either pass on him, or make a reasonable allowance. It's Cashner's stupid decision to love his beard that much, but it's the Marlins responsibility to understand he's going to make a stink about it.

So from now on the Marlins shouldn't acquire players with facial hair to avoid making them unhappy? Do you realize how stupid that makes you sound?

So from now on the Marlins shouldn't acquire players with facial hair to avoid making them unhappy? Do you realize how stupid that makes you sound?

He won't answer your question because you made a valid point.  See above.  He'll just make some snide remark and think he's funny 

***BREAKING NEWS: Marlins to enforce all players shave facial hair and pubes***

This is ridiculous.  I heard Hunter enjoys a large amount of pubic hair at all times. His first day with the team and he has to get rid of it?  An absolute outrage