Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming

Admin

With the Nats involved now,it would only pushed Loria to a crazy level,fuck you Nats !!!

I remember something in fantasy baseball where people would reach on the last of a tier position. For example, in this case, the last of the elite tier closers. Because Jansen is the last of that elite tier in the FA market, he could technically go for more than Chapman, despite the draft pick attached to him. This is the last chance to get an elite closer, and more than one team wants him. I wouldn't be surprised if the final deal has Jansen receive triple digits (over $100 million deal). The supply is low, we just don't know the demand. It's at least $80 million, I wonder if it's $100 million? If so, let the nats have him.

Both Dodgers and Nats have been noted as not being willing to match our price. I don't think money is the issue here and I don't think we'll have to raise our offer financially. In terms of money I think it's pretty certain we're "in the lead" barring a last minute change in the strategy of the other two teams.

I remember something in fantasy baseball where people would reach on the last of a tier position. For example, in this case, the last of the elite tier closers. Because Jansen is the last of that elite tier in the FA market, he could technically go for more than Chapman, despite the draft pick attached to him. This is the last chance to get an elite closer, and more than one team wants him. I wouldn't be surprised if the final deal has Jansen receive triple digits (over $100 million deal). The supply is low, we just don't know the demand. It's at least $80 million, I wonder if it's $100 million? If so, let the nats have him.

I think $ 85~90 millions would be the high limit,just like our final offer to Chapman.

I honestly think the dumpster fire concept has "cooled" around the game. Not sure about Jansen specifically but several free agents will believe the "this team has a solid core and is closer than we think" idea even if we on here don't buy it. Also, Mattingly as manager is probably a major factor in this.