Strong push for Chapman and Jansen coming

Admin

In the wild card hunting until september in the last season still not good,right !?

Coming up on 14 years since making playoffs.  Not good. Even if they get eliminated in a 1-off Wild Card game, it would mean better respectablility for this franchise.  Hanging around until September 1st is just a dicktease.

The 'this team is closer than people realize' is a bit of a myth.  Especially with the untimely passing of Jose Fernandez.  That whole concept was thrown out the window.  

This team has a nice offensive core.  They have dick regarding starting pitching that could contend for anything really.   Having an ace changed that perception.  I dont see any aces walking through those doors now.

Shouldn't ignored the improvement deliberately.

We were (Jose aside) a .500 team last year.  They could not sustain being 10 games over.  If you want to call .500 an improvement, fine but this team is not playoff caliber.  The rotation is still a fucking mess and the offense can't score runs like they should  so why would you come here to close games if the opportunities to close will be much less

We were (Jose aside) a .500 team last year.  They could not sustain being 10 games over.  If you want to call .500 an improvement, fine but this team is not playoff caliber.  The rotation is still a fucking mess and the offense can't score runs like they should  so why would you come here to close games if the opportunities to close will be much less

Ok,whatever.

I honestly hope we sign neither one of them...

This isn't where money should be allocated towards.  If anything, if we do sign them, I hope we sign them to decent deals that we can then trade them for prospects that we DESPERATELY need!

Improve the offense or get a near ace pitcher (since the FA ain't good and we can't trade for shit with our farm) This closer BS with Jansen and CHapman is just Loria trying to make a big splash.

The 'this team is closer than people realize' is a bit of a myth.  Especially with the untimely passing of Jose Fernandez.  That whole concept was thrown out the window.  

This team has a nice offensive core.  They have dick regarding starting pitching that could contend for anything really.   Having an ace changed that perception.  I dont see any aces walking through those doors now.

I'll even go further and state the offensive core is a bit misleading.

You have Yelich, Realmuto and Stanton (though he is what he is).  

Prado is a veteran who at some point sooner rather than later will probably start to lose some.

Hech is what he is, great defender, questionable bat.

Gordon will be forever tarnished by his drug bust.  And the numbers kinda show that could be true.

Ozuna if I recall struggled in the second half and the Marlins probably would love to move him giving his link to Scott Boras and his impending higher salaries.  

Bour is a nice piece, but hardly someone you build around.

There is a reason this team finished in the bottom 5 in runs scored

I don't feel like there's really any concern around here about Jansen's abilities and/or about him becoming a bust like Bell and Rodney. 

I just keep wondering if Jansen gets more save ops in 2017 with us than Bryan Harvey did in '93.  I would feel better if he came here with a better rotation going in otherwise why close for a team with a messy rotation.  I've taken  crappy jobs because the pay kept me afloat but before long I kept getting a "I don't wanna be here" mindset and it interferred with the job.

I've taken  crappy jobs because the pay kept me afloat but before long I kept getting a "I don't wanna be here" mindset and it interferred with the job.

I don't think this applies to MLB players as much it does to us regular people. If Jansen accepts he won't complain about how many save opportunities because he generally knows what he's getting into. And at the end of the day he'll still  be a highly paid closer playing baseball for a living. It's easier for them to accept the crappy job is what I'm saying.