December 9, 20178 yr Author How is a trade this bad even allowed in Mlb.The only way I kinda like this trade is if we keep Castro. What would be the point of keeping Castro?
December 9, 20178 yr There was a point in June when I thought Mas was going to buy the team and I had real hope for the first time since 2012 that the Marlins were going to become relevant lmao Silly boy.....this is the Marlins the worst franchise in any sport....we can't have hope....that goes against everything this franchise has been about since 2002.
December 9, 20178 yr What would be the point of keeping Castro? Castro makes 10 mill this year and 11 in 2019.That's not bad.We should keep him and see how he produces.
December 9, 20178 yr Author Castro makes 10 mill this year and 11 in 2019.That's not bad.We should keep him and see how he produces. They won't be competing in 2018 and 2019 so why keep him around? No point. Trade him for future pieces.
December 9, 20178 yr I'm so relieved that we can keep Ozuna, Yelich and Realmuto "for a while". Why keep them ? Just go for it all and build from ground zero.
December 9, 20178 yr Not in the N.Y. papers though lol. And to Jeter those are the only ones that count
December 9, 20178 yr I could really care less who "we" get back. This is so utterly despressing. Jeter has shown no regard for "us," so so who cares what "we" get back, because I'm done. Enough is enough. If MLB couldn't find a serious owner for the Marlins, what's the point continually playing this heartbreaking game? MLB needs a stooge franchise. This is the role we are destined to play. Selig never wanted a franchise here. He sent Loria here instead of letting him go to Washington....he never in his wildest dreams thought they could get the stadium. I truly think that privately Selig was pissed and allowed Loria to do the bullcrap he did just because he didn't care at all about the fanbase in So Fla
December 9, 20178 yr They won't be competing in 2018 and 2019 so why keep him around? No point. Trade him for future pieces. His value isnt that great.We'd get the same or less than Dee.Rather we go with our own prospects.
December 9, 20178 yr His value isnt that great.We'd get the same or less than Dee.Rather we go with our own prospects. his value to us is even lower playing for a team that wins 60 games. You trade him now and get as much as you can to continue adding as many pieces to the farm system as possible. you just need to get it through your head that we are going to lose near 100 games the next 2 years to help this rebuild.
December 9, 20178 yr his value to us is even lower playing for a team that wins 60 games. You trade him now and get as much as you can to continue adding as many pieces to the farm system as possible. you just need to get it through your head that we are going to lose near 100 games the next 2 years to help this rebuild. How about we compete like 2006?.I wouldnt be surprised if we are better next year than this past year.
December 9, 20178 yr HRs in 2016 Philadelphia: 174 Boston: 168 Atlatna: 165 Pittsburgh: 151 Stanton/Judge/Sanchez: 144 San Francisco: 128
December 9, 20178 yr anyone complaining about trading stanton has no idea about why it is 100% necessary. Where's the GREAT haul LOLOLOLOL :8_laughing: ?
December 9, 20178 yr Trade everyone Derek please. Don't just stop here, it is pointless. Rip the band-aid off and lets do this right. Dude we're talking about the Marlins it's not a band-aid, it's a condom !!!
December 9, 20178 yr what was the last team to have two players with an OPS over 1.000 in the same lineup?
December 9, 20178 yr I want everyone gone. I mean everyone. I want to see a team of nothing but minor leaguers. Save that money you mother F’ers. If we are going to suck, I want the best suck possible. I want an o’fer for the season. Make it so historically bad that they erect pyramids with drawings detailing the level of suck seen so our ancestors will remember this greatness. Don’t stop at the team.
December 9, 20178 yr How about we compete like 2006?.I wouldnt be surprised if we are better next year than this past year. we got back major league ready talent in 2006 and our team in 2005 wasnt filled with horrific contracts. We are first trying to get the finances of the team under control and not lose millions each year and then start building it back up. Also, we were several games under .500 in 2006, we werent particularly good, we just got a lot of major league ready talent in those trades. Again, youre gonna have to get it through your head that we are headed for a rough couple seasons in this rebuild.
December 9, 20178 yr Where's the GREAT haul LOLOLOLOL :8_laughing: ? it was blocked twice, and this deal isnt terrible.
December 9, 20178 yr Author I want everyone gone. I mean everyone. I want to see a team of nothing but minor leaguers. Save that money you mother F’ers. If we are going to suck, I want the best suck possible. I want an o’fer for the season. Make it so historically bad that they erect pyramids with drawings detailing the level of suck seen so our ancestors will remember this greatness. Don’t stop at the team. $20 million payroll or bust.
December 9, 20178 yr What would be the point of keeping Castro? He thinks the value of the trade comes from whatever 2018 major leaguers we get back.
December 9, 20178 yr it was blocked twice, and this deal isnt terrible. you're supposed to get something back when you trade one of the best players in the game; an MVP.
December 9, 20178 yr His value isnt that great.We'd get the same or less than Dee.Rather we go with our own prospects. Stocking up on prospects is a smarter move than letting Castro hang around here for 2 seasons for no reason.
December 9, 20178 yr it was blocked twice, and this deal isnt terrible. Except those weren't great hauls either.
December 9, 20178 yr you're supposed to get something back when you trade one of the best players in the game; an MVP. We did. It's called salary relief.
December 9, 20178 yr you're supposed to get something back when you trade one of the best players in the game; an MVP. we got back a guy who is now our top prospect (until we deal ozuna to the cards) and another 18 year old who Denbo likes, on top of the 2 guys we will get back for Castro. And we had multiple deals agreed to with the giants and cards where we did get quite a good haul back, but Loria fucked us again by giving stanton a NTC.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.