Yelich Trade Rumors and Updates

Admin

Yeah the agent stuck his foot in it yesterday but that was yesterday. For a month before this we've "heard" that Yelich wants out but Christian Yelich himself has not once publicly stated his desire to be traded. I see this as a big difference than what Josh Harrison did yesterday, releasing a public statement that makes him look bigger than the Pittsburgh Pirates themselves. 

I wouldnt want to be in Pittsburgh either.  You sign long term with the idea you are going to compete and then they do that.

Ya slap in the face.  He wants to win, I get it.  (not that it was going to happen with that joke ownership in Pittsburgh, but I digress)

I think the agent made up that comment about Fanfest, not realizing it was mandatory, and just trying to make Yelich sound frustrated. Yelich has never been a selfish player and even this trade request thing doesn't make him seem like someone who would refuse to do Fanfest. This is just more proof of how stupid his agent is. 

Side note: Maybe a thread should be made on who in the forums will be attending Fan Fest? I'll be there for sure.

I'll be there for sure because I have a 9 year old and he enjoys going. If it wasn't for him it wouldn't be a for sure thing for me. If I was able to go I'd go but if I couldn't for whatever reason it wouldn't bother me at all. 

Stanton was his favorite in 2017. Actually haven't asked him since then but I'd assume it's Yelich by process of elimination. Why? 

Edit: Just asked him, he said Realmuto. 

Not that anyone cares but if we are crowdsourcing children’s opinions I asked mine the same question and he responded Stanton ‘17 and Yelich now.  Kinda disappointed.  Was hoping for some bizarre new favorite 

Not that anyone cares but if we are crowdsourcing children’s opinions I asked mine the same question and he responded Stanton ‘17 and Yelich now.  Kinda disappointed.  Was hoping for some bizarre new favorite 

It is really Chen but he didn't want to be disowned.

Let's ask again around the trade deadline, we may get some surprise answers. 

Surprised it took me this long to mention this but today I remembered that Christian Yelich, as good as he is and as great as he can be, is still "just" Christian Yelich. A guy who has only played 4 and a half seasons and hasn't exactly been a franchise superstar.

Greater, more prolific players than him have shut their mouths and played on losing teams longer than Yelich ever has. Ichiro, Tony Gwynn, Andre Dawson, Griffey, Mattingly, Ted Williams, Ernie Banks, etc etc. Also many of those guys actually took pride in being the stars of those bad teams and did their jobs with dignity.

I mean, when you look at it that way holy shit Yelich comes off selfish requesting a trade. Same for Realmuto and Josh Harrison too. 

Peter Gammons of MLB Network reports that the Marlins would need Ronald Acuna in a trade for Christian Yelich.

Gammons goes so far as to say that the Marlins won't even discuss a second player without Acuna being included in a trade. That's probably fair, because the Braves likely wouldn't want discussions to go on if they have to include him. As good as Yelich has been, it's tough to imagine that Atlanta would be willing to include the player that many consider the best prospect in baseball. Assuming Gammons is correct, you probably won't see Yelich in an Brave uniform in 2018.

Wont get Acuna, but given the teams interested and the top prospects they have, they need to come away with an Acuna, Robles/Soto, Vlad Jr/Bichette, Sixto Sanchez, Kyle Tucker/Forest Whitley, etc. + other guys on top of the top prospect.  IF they dont, dont force a deal and keep Yelich.