Do you want Jeter to keep the sculpture?

fish20

Pretty simple question.  And if you want it removed what should go in its place?  I think a kind of fake beach type thing that fans could rent out and watch the game from given that we are in miami wouldnt be terrible.  Kind of a thing similar to the hot tub area that was in the old stadium.

First time I read this topic I thought "wait, we built a sculpture of Jeter?"

I don't hate the HR sculpture, but I definitely don't love it either. Given it's location tough to know what would be feasible or work logistically. A fake beach with the marlin dancers sunbathing in bikinis would be chill. And then every time there's a HR they get up and start dancing and Billy the Marlin starts shooting shirts out of the air cannon Rambo style. I'd be down for that.

First time I read this topic I thought "wait, we built a sculpture of Jeter?"

I don't hate the HR sculpture, but I definitely don't love it either. Given it's location tough to know what would be feasible or work logistically. A fake beach with the marlin dancers sunbathing in bikinis would be chill. And then every time there's a HR they get up and start dancing and Billy the Marlin starts shooting their white t-shirts with a water cannon Rambo style. I'd be down for that.

Fixed.  I'd be down for that.  LOL

Guest CHRISTYTOD

YES, get rid of it, please!!!!!!!!!  I would fly down there and help, if it would facilitate this act!  In its place.......nothing works for me!  Just build a winner....you won't need gimmicks.

I know we are supposed to answer Yes or No but can I choose Depends (I know someone will make a cheesy joke about Depends).

For me, it depends what you replace it with.  Because the Marlins play in Miami, the HR sculpture doesnt bother me at all. 

If we were the North Dakota Marlins or the Vermont Marlins I would not like the HR sculpture at all.  

But, nope, we are definitely the Miami Marlins.   

I'll fight for the lime green walls over the sculpture any day of the week. Those are great. And they're unique and give character to the ballpark without being gaudy and overboard. They're just a brighter shade of green, they're not neon or flourescent or glow in the dark or anything like that. Anyone who complains about the lime green walls is making an assumption on them based on how they "sound" but hasn't actually paid attention to how they really look.

The sculpture’s legend is far greater than the actual sculpture itself.  When you go to the park and actually see it you realize that it isn’t some massive towering structure that casts a giant shadow over all things in the park.  It’s size is more modest than you’d be lead to believe by strategic photos taken of it.  When they “light” it after home runs it is also fairly modest.  The sculpture isn’t that big of a deal.  My only issue with it is the association with Loria.