Marlins reduce cap logo size for 2018

SilverBullet

Not sure many will notice this without comparing it to the past but the Marlins have reduced the size of their cap logo for 2018. Here are comparison pics of this year with past years. Since their unveiling in 2011, the Miami Marlins have always had a cap logo larger in size than every other team. At first many criticized this but I like the oversized logo and while the new one brings the logo closer in size to all other teams I think it's a downgrade. It actually looks like a manufacturing error to me and seems like a bootleg cap. Then again it might just take some getting used to. Any thoughts?

[ATTACH]1799._xfImport[/ATTACH][ATTACH]1798._xfImport[/ATTACH]

image.png.7ae988dac674de0770bb2bf6d886e629.png

image.png.cba6f9eef7e3901d9c40ba738016a171.png

this shit hasn't been confirmed by anyone yet.

I've seen idiots posting on IG like this is already a fact. On Fanfest I didn't see any odd Onfield on display.

Until opening day we won't know for sure. If the marlins reduced their cap logo it might be a Jeter decision to phase out the logo ala Cleveland Indians

I've seen idiots posting on IG like this is already a fact. On Fanfest I didn't see any odd Onfield on display.

Until opening day we won't know for sure. If the marlins reduced their cap logo it might be a Jeter decision to phase out the logo ala Cleveland Indians

The pic is from photo day aka the pics that will be used this season on the jumbotron and other marketing material, why would they wear unofficial hats for photo day?

The pic is from photo day aka the pics that will be used this season on the jumbotron and other marketing material, why would they wear unofficial hats for photo day?

Giants until recently wore hats with grey underbrim for their promo shots so.....yeah

Here's video of Maybin and Mattingly speaking in the smaller logo caps. I get that this won't be 100% confirmed until they wear them on Opening Day or until some official press release comes out but there's definitely more proof than not. The Marlins have never NOT worn their official caps on photo day. 

To be honest it's a stupid move if it's to signal a rebrand. I mean it's not gone, it's still there. Why not just leave it the same until the switch to a new logo? 

I think the underlying theme here is that Jeter doesn't like certain things, and he's changing as much as he can as soon as he can. I wouldn't be surprised if they rebrand as early as the league allows them

I think the underlying theme here is that Jeter doesn't like certain things, and he's changing as much as he can as soon as he can. I wouldn't be surprised if they rebrand as early as the league allows them

I agree but it's a move just to make a move. It changes nothing. Did he think we'll notice the logo less now that it's like an inch smaller? 

And the rebrand has nothing to do with the league. They rebrand as soon as Jeter finalizes what he wants the next uniforms to look like. May of the previous year is what the deadline has seemingly been. 

I agree but it's a move just to make a move. It changes nothing. Did he think we'll notice the logo less now that it's like an inch smaller? 

And the rebrand has nothing to do with the league. They rebrand as soon as Jeter finalizes what he wants the next uniforms to look like. May of the previous year is what the deadline has seemingly been. 

I'm sure the league needs to approve the timing.. That's what I meant.

I agree that it's a move just to make a move. I personally don't like it, but the one bright spot is that it signals that Jeter has issues with the uniforms. I don't mind the uniforms, but hate the uncertainty of whether they will stay. If they change, do it ASAP.

I don't mind the uniforms, but hate the uncertainty of whether they will stay. If they change, do it ASAP.

I'm convinced the uniforms will change sooner than later and have told myself that I'm not buying one more piece of merchandise with the current stuff until the rebrand just because I no longer want to attach myself to a logo/identity that I know is on the way out. Basically saving up for the spending spree that I know I'll go on whenever the rebrand comes.

I'm that guy that buys a couple caps, every jersey, a few shirts, shirts and caps for the wife and kid, as well as shot glasses, beer pints, lanyards, keychains, bottle openers, license plate holders, a collar for my dog... holy shit, I may have a problem.

So it would against the Jeter's plan to raise the profit of this team because the sales of the cap would decreased if the price becomes higher.

Oh lord... Where do you come up with this stuff?

Here's the answer you need: Jeter is working hard to make cap sales go up because his focus is a winning team. Watch how many Marlins caps get sold when we're a contender again.