Who Should The Marlins Sell High On?

SilverBullet

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2778268-one-player-every-mlb-team-should-sell-high-on-in-trades#slide6

While it's "just a Bleacher Report" piece, they posted a thing on "One player every team should sell high on" and I thought it was an interesting topic starter for us as I don't agree with their choice which was Realmuto. We've talked about why Realmuto is at least worth trying to keep so I don't think many of us would say he's the guy to sell at this point. My first choice would have been Starlin Castro but there are other possibilities as well such as Kyle Barraclough or even Miguel Rojas.

Who do you think is the top player that the Marlins should "sell high on"? 

To me, Castro, at least one of Straily/Urena (and maybe both) is obvious, JT at the trade deadline only if he makes it 100% clear that he is never going to re-sign, if not try as hard as humanly possible to re-sign him even if its an overpay, Bour id lean towards trading but it depends on the package and if we cant get a good package i also dont mind keeping him till free agency or trade later because he is a legit very good hitter and gives us a power dynamic we currently dont have and dont really have much of coming up through the farm system, trade barraclough, and just about anyone else you can get good value for.

Straily and Urena for sure.  Castro is obvious.  JT is so hard to determine whether to trade or not.  How old will he be when the Marlins are competitive again?  His value is much higher because of the position he plays - as he ages and moves away from behind the plate he's not going to be nearly as valuable so that's the guessing game they'll have to play.  In that sense then yes, he's a good candidate to sell really high on because I don't see this team being remotely competitive for at least 3 seasons.  There's really nobody on this team that should be considered untouchable any longer.  The attendance is shit anyway so what the hell.  Take offers on anyone and everyone and if a sweetheart of a deal comes along then go for it. 

Anybody not named Realmuto or Anderson would be available.

Anderson has a Prado-like future, in my opinion. Somebody you want on your team.

Realmuto is one of the best catchers in the league. Those are tough to come by.

Everybody else is replaceable.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.