Unveiling of new logos and uniforms

Here's a very crap mockup of what I'm describing.  Name and numbers remain as they currently are on the black and blue jerseys.  Put a patch on the blue sleeve.  Maybe put a black on black number opposite the logo.  I feel like this switch would solve a lot of the problems.  The black on black looks good in retail.  The legibility in game is certainly an issue.  Those BP jerseys looked awesome in spring training.  Would love to see that color jersey all year.  The black on black hat doesn’t bother me and I think it is superior to any other version of the hat logo/color combo I’ve seen.

BATTING PRACTICE                                                 ALTERNATE  

[ATTACH]2885._xfImport[/ATTACH]

1756008687_uniswap.png.99dbef03fad16d5c2f393b9046fe66f4.png

Here's a very crap mockup of what I'm describing.  Name and numbers remain as they currently are on the black and blue jerseys.  Put a patch on the blue sleeve.  Maybe put a black on black number opposite the logo.  I feel like this switch would solve a lot of the problems.  The black on black looks good in retail.  The legibility in game is certainly an issue.  Those BP jerseys looked awesome in spring training.  Would love to see that color jersey all year.  The black on black hat doesn’t bother me and I think it is superior to any other version of the hat logo/color combo I’ve seen.

[ATTACH]2885[/ATTACH]

I think that looks great.  My only disagreement would be to use the black crown/blue bill cap with the blue jersey.  Of course, I may change my mind if I actually saw it together.  The all black cap with black jersey looks good.  

[ATTACH]2885[/ATTACH]

AREN'T THOSE MINE???? I'm just playing but I did make these suggestions last fall and yes that would help tremendously without overdoing everything.

AREN'T THOSE MINE???? I'm just playing but I did make these suggestions last fall and yes that would help tremendously without overdoing everything.

I just made them but I don’t doubt you did a version which was better.  I just didn’t have it in me to go looking.  

I'm about done with the uniforms analysis but I finally got these done... these are the changes I've had in mind. A couple have options that I would be happy with either so I didn't make a decision one way or the other, Do these and add a blue brimmed cap option and I'd be in love with the uniforms. Disclaimer, these are cheap photo shops, not meant to be precise, just to visualize the changes...

[ATTACH]2888._xfImport[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]2494[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2495[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2496[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2497[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2498[/ATTACH][ATTACH]2499[/ATTACH]

Here are mine... some of the best work I've ever done... they're basically the same quality as the images on MLB.com I think...

image.thumb.png.84741a99b86211d639985cc68e56a699.png

Horrible jersey for the Mets though because they should never have used black. The Mets look so good in just blue and orange on gray or white, no black needed. With that said that jersey looks good because it has contrast, the white outline helps tremendously as opposed to the Marlins black jersey that has little to no contrast.

Mets are a amalgam of the Dodgers and Giants, I was ok with them introducing black... the problem is when they leaned heavy on the black, The Dodgers Logo is White and Blue, The Giants Black and Orange. I think it worked.

Mets are a amalgam of the Dodgers and Giants, I was ok with them introducing black

Oh no this is a cheap excuse. I know they're a mix of those teams but they're not those teams, they're the Mets, blue and orange 100%. The black was total shit for them. It caught on because it wasn't ugly and putting everything in black was the trend at the time but it was a complete downgrade for them. The Royals and A's are two other teams that should have zero black that went way too far with it in those years.

Oh no this is a cheap excuse. I know they're a mix of those teams but they're not those teams, they're the Mets, blue and orange 100%. The black was total shit for them. It caught on because it wasn't ugly and putting everything in black was the trend at the time but it was a complete downgrade for them. The Royals and A's are two other teams that should have zero black that went way too far with it in those years.

The black for the Mets worked though. Their look had become terrible just prior to the black and NY isn't always cheery. They Royal Blue and Orange with WHite Homes and Road Greys were stale. Once they added the black, they were able to stabilize their look, add more merch and had a kick ass hybrid black/blue cap to boot.

They dropped the black drop shadow, but pretty much still use the same uniforms as 1998-2011. It's a good look now, but having that Midnight Black was a good choice. The black worked regardless. Same with the Reds.

The Royals should have added gold, the A's shouldn't have done anything - but then again I think it was #FuckBeane and #CheapBeane because he didn't want to pay for stain removers in the clubhouse.

Mets jumped on the "let's add black bandwagon" and I agree with @SilverBullet didn't look good on them, the all black hats was a step closer to the old NY Giants since they weren't creative enough to have a new logo. But maybe MLB insist them to use the old NY logo like they interfered with the curvy W to the Nationals

Black didn't look good for the Mets, Royals, A;s and Rangers, Reds are meh 

Mets jumped on the "let's add black bandwagon" and I agree with @SilverBullet didn't look good on them, the all black hats was a step closer to the old NY Giants since they weren't creative enough to have a new logo. But maybe MLB insist them to use the old NY logo like they interfered with the curvy W to the Nationals

Black didn't look good for the Mets, Royals, A;s and Rangers, Reds are meh 

It fit better for the Reds because they only used mostly red so black was more like a second color, all those other teams already had two good colors and the black became the third wheel so to speak, it just gets shoe horned in and just doesn't work as well.

So this is clearly edited for social media but look how it makes the letters and numbers contrast better off the black jersey. Big difference. They need to aim for this clarity whenever they tweak the black uniforms. 

Drop shadows aren’t my favorite.  I wonder if they’d ever consider just doing a blue outline without the red.  

• 2 months later...