Free-Flow Parking introduced

Admin

So....uh.....

they're going to have meter maids run through the garages and give tickets if you don't pay?

Otherwise, what's to stop people from parking without paying?

I can imagine the garages have sensors to see if a space is occupied and cross-checked with the payment app to see if it was paid for.

Vehicles in parking facilities which are invalidated during an event will be issued a promissory note to pay the event parking fee within 24 hours or the promissory note will convert to a $36.00 City of Miami parking violation citation.

A vehicle’s license plate serves as the credential for parking on event days just like many public parking options in South Florida. Vehicles will not be validated at the entrance to parking facilities through payment collection or parking pass scan. All vehicles will instead enter a parking garage or lot, subject to space availability, and proceed without validation at entrance to an available parking spot. Event attendees with a parking pass will register their vehicle’s license plate ahead of or upon arrival via ParkWhiz. All other event attendees will register their vehicle’s license plate and pay on site using the PayByPhone App or onsite pay station located in the lobby of each parking garage. Vehicles in parking facilities will be validated during the event based on the registration status of each vehicle’s license plate.
  • Like 1

I can imagine the garages have sensors to see if a space is occupied and cross-checked with the payment app to see if it was paid for.

Doubtful. They'd have to have a plate reader at every single parking spot, which isn't happening. They'll probably have a parking vehicle with the plate reader on it connected to the parking system run through the garage after the game starts and if it pings that one isn't paid, they'll get a ticket. There's no way a parking person goes plate by plate to check.

This.

It took me well over an hour on multiple occasions

I mean, there's not much you can do about that when everyone has to funnel out through one exit. Opening multiple lanes out like they do helps, but in upper levels, what can you really do?

So the same basic idea as normal public parking. Good, getting with the times.

Yeah, after reading that, it looks like it'll essentially just operate as a normal public parking garage now. This'll be a good idea. The only problem I see is people not realizing how it works, but with enough signs, it'll be fine.

Dude come on, how hard can it be? If every Marlins fan goes to a game at most that's just 16 cars to check.

Oh yes, this is true! Good point.

[ATTACH type=full" alt="1583341951113.png]3497[/ATTACH]

Headline:

MARLINS PARK BECOMES FIRST STADIUM TO OFFER EXPRESS EXIT FROM PARKING GARAGES!

I've only been to two games at Marlins Park (since, you know, it's 3000 miles away from me) and both games were very sparsely attended so I didn't really get the full parking lot experience. Is the parking garage owned by the city? How can the Marlins give out City of Miami parking violations? (Also, y'alls parking tickets are only $36? That sounds nice!)

Is the parking garage owned by the city? How can the Marlins give out City of Miami parking violations?

Yeah, and the Marlins have to pay the city for every spot for each game day whether it is used or not. I forget how much their cost is.

I've only been to two games at Marlins Park (since, you know, it's 3000 miles away from me) and both games were very sparsely attended so I didn't really get the full parking lot experience. Is the parking garage owned by the city? How can the Marlins give out City of Miami parking violations? (Also, y'alls parking tickets are only $36? That sounds nice!)

Fucking fairweather fans.

• Like 2

The one I go to is free flow parking as well. I drive right in and park and then pay after I park. The people of Little Havana have had this system in place for years now.

There a tan plaza like a block or two away on 7th that I always park in the parking lot for $10 - the same guy is always there, and I just walk over and don't have to deal with the parking garage chaos, and it's cheaper.