James Hoyt acquired for cash

4 minutes ago, fauowls44 said:

6th bullpen arm added.  The entire bullpen has to be infected. 

Gotta be honest, our bullpen might be better now than it was before...

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Erick said:

Gotta be honest, our bullpen might be better now than it was before...

Outside of Kintzler, Garica, and perhaps Boxberger, these replacements are probably just about equal to the rest of the current pen.  Hopefully Neidert and Dugger avoided infection though because they will be needed for the rotation for now.  If the position players are mostly OK outside of the guys we know for sure are out, the Marlins may be able to stay afloat for a week or so until they can start getting regulars back.

Edited by fauowls44
42 minutes ago, fauowls44 said:

The entire bullpen has to be infected. 

I was gonna say the same thing.

Mish did say he thinks the lineup is in better shape than the pitching as far as who will be out. Too soon to know but we may have dodged a bullet as far as the offense. 

1 hour ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

Gotta figure Alfaro gettin sick was probably the worst possible Patient Zero. Odds are, he got a number of pitchers sick just in the natural course of things.

Depending when he got sick, yes, this is a very likely possibility. Good call.

And now I'm wondering about Cervelli and Wallach. All of these pitchers got sick, but Alfaro was already gone, so next guys up ... they're probably on that list, too.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Depending when he got sick, yes, this is a very likely possibility. Good call.

And now I'm wondering about Cervelli and Wallach. All of these pitchers got sick, but Alfaro was already gone, so next guys up ... they're probably on that list, too.

I went on a hike with a friend the other day and she was using hand sanitizer on a schedule every 20 minutes. Overkill? Maybe, but I bet the Marlins would be in better shape if the 2020 season was brought to you by Purell™ with all baseballs rubbed in hand sanitizer instead of mud. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

I went on a hike with a friend the other day and she was using hand sanitizer on a schedule every 20 minutes. Overkill? Maybe, but I bet the Marlins would be in better shape if the 2020 season was brought to you by Purell™ with all baseballs rubbed in hand sanitizer instead of mud. 

Purell Park? I mean there's naming rights up for grabs still, right? 

12 hours ago, SongInTheAir said:

Absolutely overkill if she's not touching anything. Lol

However, maybe not the worst idea for the baseballers to do this, but also, Purell probably not a legal substance on a baseball.

12 hours ago, EricOwens! said:

How can mish say the lineup is in good shape? Alfaro, Cooper, Ramirez, Isan, and Rojas are for sure out lol

Still have Villar, Dickerson, Anderson, Aguilar at least and now we're looking at probably Joyce, Monte, and Brinson (bare with me) coming into the fold at the least.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, Michael said:

Still have Villar, Dickerson, Anderson, Aguilar at least and now we're looking at probably Joyce, Monte, and Brinson (bare with me) coming into the fold at the least.

Mish has unofficially confirmed all of those names plus Berti. 

Though it will be pretty obvious whenever transactions start being announced and of course by Tuesday the latest.

3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Mish has unofficially confirmed all of those names plus Berti. 

Though it will be pretty obvious whenever transactions start being announced and of course by Tuesday the latest.

Correct. We'll know by our starting lineup.