Jump to content

9/2 - Blue Jays at Marlins


Recommended Posts


Just now, Michael said:

Definitely should have. Close enough to do so.

Guess they figured since he was called out, they weren't sure if there was enough to overturn this early in the game.  From the stands view he looked safe, but from the outfield view, it looked like he might've just barely been out, so I think it would've been a call stands situation.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GuitarPik said:

Kinda sick of all these prospects. They obviously need more time. 

That doesn't hurt us if Alfaro at least grounds out to drive in a run.

Also, it ain't just our hitting prospects. Look around the league, sans Luis Robert.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Embarassing inning, and horrible approach for Chisholm...That's an at bat you go into expecting breaking balls low and away from the lefty (how every freaking lefty pitcher pitches to lefties so it's no mystery)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, marlinsmaniac said:

Embarassing inning, and horrible approach for Chisholm...That's an at bat you go into expecting breaking balls low and away from the lefty (how every freaking lefty pitcher pitches to lefties so it's no mystery)

Again - put much more blame on Alfaro there for that inning.

Ryu threw good pitches there and mixed speeds well. It's the Alfaro at bat that should bug you a lot more.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah these hitting prospects need a lot more seasoning. I'd give them all next season in the minors and go from there. None belong in a ML batter's box. Harrison, both Diaz, Jesus Sanchez, Jazz. Honestly they've all combined to show very little flashes even. I don't feel super great about any of them tbh. Now the pitchers on the other hand..

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vic D said:

Yeah these hitting prospects need a lot more seasoning. I'd give them all next season in the minors and go from there. None belong in a ML batter's box. Harrison, both Diaz, Jesus Sanchez, Jazz. Honestly they've all combined to show very little flashes even. I don't feel super great about any of them tbh. Now the pitchers on the other hand..

Again, it's all hitting prospects around the entirety of MLB, besides Luis Robert, and he's even got a lot of swing and miss in his game.

We're just seeing it a lot more cause we HAVE a lot more of them to come through the pipeline.

They won't need ALL of next year in the Minors, let's not get crazy now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Michael said:

Again - put much more blame on Alfaro there for that inning.

Ryu threw good pitches there and mixed speeds well. It's the Alfaro at bat that should bug you a lot more.

eh it does, but that's alfaro, you don't expect him to be clutch. But when it's lefty on left, especially with runners on first and third, stay way back and flip on over the shortstop. All three of his swings looked like he was trying to put one into the upper deck in right field. He's a kid so I don't blame him, but you'd figure someone in the dugout would have ironed out the approach before the at bat

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...