9/2 - Blue Jays at Marlins

Admin

Just now, Michael said:

Definitely should have. Close enough to do so.

Guess they figured since he was called out, they weren't sure if there was enough to overturn this early in the game.  From the stands view he looked safe, but from the outfield view, it looked like he might've just barely been out, so I think it would've been a call stands situation.

Just now, marlinsmaniac said:

Embarassing inning, and horrible approach for Chisholm...That's an at bat you go into expecting breaking balls low and away from the lefty (how every freaking lefty pitcher pitches to lefties so it's no mystery)

Again - put much more blame on Alfaro there for that inning.

Ryu threw good pitches there and mixed speeds well. It's the Alfaro at bat that should bug you a lot more.

Yeah these hitting prospects need a lot more seasoning. I'd give them all next season in the minors and go from there. None belong in a ML batter's box. Harrison, both Diaz, Jesus Sanchez, Jazz. Honestly they've all combined to show very little flashes even. I don't feel super great about any of them tbh. Now the pitchers on the other hand..

Just now, Vic D said:

Yeah these hitting prospects need a lot more seasoning. I'd give them all next season in the minors and go from there. None belong in a ML batter's box. Harrison, both Diaz, Jesus Sanchez, Jazz. Honestly they've all combined to show very little flashes even. I don't feel super great about any of them tbh. Now the pitchers on the other hand..

Again, it's all hitting prospects around the entirety of MLB, besides Luis Robert, and he's even got a lot of swing and miss in his game.

We're just seeing it a lot more cause we HAVE a lot more of them to come through the pipeline.

They won't need ALL of next year in the Minors, let's not get crazy now.

Just now, Michael said:

Again - put much more blame on Alfaro there for that inning.

Ryu threw good pitches there and mixed speeds well. It's the Alfaro at bat that should bug you a lot more.

eh it does, but that's alfaro, you don't expect him to be clutch. But when it's lefty on left, especially with runners on first and third, stay way back and flip on over the shortstop. All three of his swings looked like he was trying to put one into the upper deck in right field. He's a kid so I don't blame him, but you'd figure someone in the dugout would have ironed out the approach before the at bat