Jump to content

9/2 - Blue Jays at Marlins


Recommended Posts


I have a feeling that if Jazz does well, and Berti keeps hitting good. We might see Berti playing RF more often over Brinson and Jazz at 2nd and Rojas at SS.

 

Plus when you consider that Harold Ramirez and Isan Diaz could be coming back soon, plus Eddie Alvarez over at ATS. Marlins both OF and IF depth this season is insane. Don’t know where to put everyone.

Although, of course, that would never be much of a complaint for any MLB team. 😂

Edited by SirFishFan
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

I have a feeling that if Jazz does well, and Berti keeps hitting good. We might see Berti playing RF more often over Brinson and Jazz at 2nd and Rojas at SS.

 

Plus when you consider that Harold Ramirez and Isan Diaz could be coming back soon, plus Eddie Alvarez over at ATS. Marlins both OF and IF depth this season is insane. Don’t know where to put everyone.

Although, of course, that would never be much of a complaint for any MLB team. 😂

I think we're seeing the difference between a team that might luck into a .500 record and a truly competitive team. When the Yankees or Dodgers have injuries, they pull studs from thin air. Marlins are getting much closer to that fancy living lifestyle.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

I have a feeling that if Jazz does well, and Berti keeps hitting good. We might see Berti playing RF more often over Brinson and Jazz at 2nd and Rojas at SS.

 

Plus when you consider that Harold Ramirez and Isan Diaz could be coming back soon, plus Eddie Alvarez over at ATS. Marlins both OF and IF depth this season is insane. Don’t know where to put everyone.

Although, of course, that would never be much of a complaint for any MLB team. 😂

The DH certainly helps with the problem too, as you can get an extra guy in there even if he's not playing in the field.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking that maybe Miami could do something like the Padres and add a Superstar player like Manny Machado to expedite the rebuild.  I looked at the 2021-2022 FA short stop class. Holy shit!!! Sign me up for any of these guys. 

Shortstop: Francisco Lindor, Javier Báez, Carlos Correa, Corey Seager, Trevor Story

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

I think we're seeing the difference between a team that might luck into a .500 record and a truly competitive team. When the Yankees or Dodgers have injuries, they pull studs from thin air. Marlins are getting much closer to that fancy living lifestyle.

This true organizational depth is the one thing the Marlins have never really had, dare I say that even in the two championship seasons they didnt have as much depth as they're building now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rydawg said:

I was thinking that maybe Miami could do something like the Padres and add a Superstar player like Manny Machado to expedite the rebuild.  I looked at the 2021-2022 FA short stop class. Holy shit!!! Sign me up for any of these guys. 

Shortstop: Francisco Lindor, Javier Báez, Carlos Correa, Corey Seager, Trevor Story

 

Expediting the rebuild would be if those guys had been available this last off-season and we had signed one.

Adding someone from the 2021-2022 FA shortstop class SHOULD just be bolstering an already much-improved roster, to a point where one of those players might not even be needed.

For what it's worth, though - if Lindor is interested in coming here, bring him along. Specifically him. Over the last six seasons (including 2020), Lindor has shown he's been the best defender of that bunch, the most durable (753 games, next closest is Baez with 647), has struck out the least, has stolen the most ... I'm good with some Lindor magic down here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CoastieMike said:

Noche de Sixto

&

Heat playoffs

i love you, Miami!

4BBFDF64-70EF-4E2B-ADA4-8CA1CED2C5BC.jpeg

I still have that '97 T-Shirt and hat (and sweatshirt)... Being in PA, I had to order it all at JC Penney's the day after (no internet sales)

Edited by CyggyMarlin
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CyggyMarlin said:

Didn't know he played video games... Cool!

He's going to actually strike out 19 batters tonight.

Just watch.

You gum chewer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...