2020/21 off-season

4 hours ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I could say this team just don't want to spend but I'm just tired of doing it …

you know what's coming when you start replying to your self

• Confused 1
13 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

True, maybe.

Then again, we made the playoffs last season and Philly didn't.

Pfft. It was a short season and everyone made the playoffs. You should know that.

11 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Can't and should not risk a lot of money on a closer

I just not agree with it, when this team loses some games due to the blown save you would think it's just worth it. This lineup won't produce lots of runs so a really good closer is really needed. If you give a closer $10MM a year and he gives you 45 save then why it's not worth it ?

Edited by taiwanmarlin
40 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

I just not agree with it, when this team loses some games due to the blown save you would think it's just worth it. This lineup won't produce lots of runs so a really good closer is really needed. If you give a closer $10MM a year and he gives you 45 save then why it's not worth it ?

We should spend a ton of money on a closer like we did with Heath Bell. 

• Haha 1
  • Banana 2

Just a thought. With the young international signings...perhaps we are now more comfortable with giving up Salas...

...widens the door on Contra.

...this might be support with gif he just put up on instagram...of him hitting a bomb dead center at Marlins Park

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, Erick said:

We should spend a ton of money on a closer like we did with Heath Bell. 

It's really make no sense, never to sign a closer again because Heath Bell sucks, never to sign a SP again because Chen sucks, never to sign a …c'mon it's the worst reason. 

35 minutes ago, Major-Minor said:

Just a thought. With the young international signings...perhaps we are now more comfortable with giving up Salas...

...widens the door on Contra.

...this might be support with gif he just put up on instagram...of him hitting a bomb dead center at Marlins Park

I'd agree. With the new signings, maybe one of our younger guys becomes a little more expendable and thus ...

Come to Miami, Willson.

23 minutes ago, taiwanmarlin said:

It's really make no sense, never to sign a closer again because Heath Bell sucks

Spending a lot on a closer was a bad idea before Bell's failure. 

• Like 1