2020/21 off-season

18 minutes ago, cyoung said:

I admittedly don't know much about him.  There certainly seems to be polar opposite viewpoints of him though.

If Beni gets clutch hits, that's all fine and dandy - I was strictly speaking to the writing in the article. Once I saw that egregious typo, I got out. lol

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Definitely, that deal is nuts lol not just in the AAV but in the way they’re handling the $15M buyout on the 4th year. No thanks! 

Apparently it's bad for the game if more teams don't operate this way and teams that don't hand out contracts like this don't deserve teams and they need new owners.

• Haha 1
  • Banana 1

While Benintendi is still young and is club controlled I feel like the Sox would be selling low on him now, his best years were a few years back and he's been questionable since then, looking like he could even be declining. So why are people still acting like his price tag would be so high? Or am I the one who is looking at this wrong?

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Michael said:

If Beni gets clutch hits, that's all fine and dandy - I was strictly speaking to the writing in the article. Once I saw that egregious typo, I got out. lol

What if he doesn't like clutches any more, and prefers a normal purse or fanny pack?

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

While Benintendi is still young and is club controlled I feel like the Sox would be selling low on him now, his best years were a few years back and he's been questionable since then, looking like he could even be declining. So why are people still acting like his price tag would be so high? Or am I the one who is looking at this wrong?

If he's really so bad then why we want him ?

Just now, taiwanmarlin said:

If he's really so bad then why we want him ?

I don't think he's "bad" but I think he's had a few weak seasons yet at his age he has a chance to bounce back and still be good. Plus he's a lefty bat so it might be ok for the Marlins to take a chance on him but I just don't think he's worth giving up a lot for. I don't mind Benintendi as another option but I don't think they should look at him as being a sure thing.

• Like 2