2020/21 off-season

2 hours ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

I don't see a deal happening without a big prospect going to Chicago, so I don't see a deal happening at all.

Sorry y'all. 😟

To get, you have to give. 

2 hours ago, Photo-Realistic Billy said:

What is it folks say? If it sounds too good to be true, it is?

With all due respect to Darvish and his final 3 years of team control, he and his $60M contact are a whole different bucket of worms from Contreras. I don't see a deal happening without a big prospect going to Chicago, so I don't see a deal happening at all.

Sorry y'all. 😟

I have a feeling the Cubs could be trying to save face a little bit with the Padres trade.  Appearing to at least look like they knew what they were doing.  They are really rocking the cradle here.  It's hard to believe.  I mean, I know we had a past history of drafting high schoolers, but we never traded to get any either.  Time will tell I guess. I don't think we would hesitate if it was true, so why hasn't it happened yet.  I'm sure you are right they want a top prospect now with all the media attention that went into the Darvish trade.  

2 hours ago, cyoung said:

Offer this to the Cubs: they give us Contreras, and we promise we won't beat their ass in the playoffs for at least the next 3-4 years.

Just a light paddlin'

• Like 1
2 hours ago, cyoung said:

Offer this to the Cubs: they give us Contreras, and we promise we won't beat their ass in the playoffs for at least the next 3-4 years.

That'll be easy to uphold cause they asses ain't makin' it there for a HWHILE.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Iowa said:

We can hope

Weird of him to wanna play for a team that nobody knows. This is also confirms it's not an MLB team because all 30 of those teams are very well known.

• Haha 2
Just now, SilverBullet said:

Weird of him to wanna play for a team that nobody knows. This is also confirms it's not an MLB team because all 30 of those teams are very well known.

Quad cities river bandits is my guess

21 hours ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Im good with Bradley and Contreras (at the right price) but I won’t feel that Quintana is necessary. I think the rotation of Sandy, Sixto, Pablo, Elieser, and Rodgers works until Edward comes up and inevitably replaces either Rodgers or Eliser. We would also need a genuine, everyday, major league outfielder. Cause none of our outfield options are anywhere near ready and RF was a black hole 

Our young staff is wonderful but I really think we could use a veteran who eats innings. There will be ups and downs, and innings limits.. so I think getting someone who can get 200 innings would be huge. Not at the top of the priority list but something I think we do need. A one year deal for somebody would be awesome.. and maybe somebody who could fetch us a prospect at the deadline if it comes to it

• Like 1

Are we expecting anything from Harold Ramirez this year? Seen a lot of talk about Brinson and Harrison but could he end up getting the most ABs? Seems like a forgotten man?

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, Iowa said:

Are we expecting anything from Harold Ramirez this year? Seen a lot of talk about Brinson and Harrison but could he end up getting the most ABs? Seems like a forgotten man?

No threat on the bases, below average power, doesn't take BB.  He isn't really a prototypical OF either.  I don't think he is versatile in the lineup.  Benintendi was probably the player we were looking for to replace him.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Yeah, we really could have done that ... no excuses or defending this one.

I think this team either spend big on a proven veteran closer or doing nothing to add to the pen.

1 hour ago, Michael said:

Yeah, we really could have done that ... no excuses or defending this one.

Maybe we tried and he just preferred a contender?  

• Like 1