9/22 Marlins @ Braves

Just now, SongInTheAir said:

Guys, Urena might be bad at baseball. I don't know, just a feeling, mostly based on 5 years of him proving it. 

But fastball go brrr.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, GuitarPik said:

Here we go again. Thank god the Phillies suck. But what the hell are we going to do in the playoffs?

getting a hat with the playoffs patch in it 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, el_gmac said:

getting a hat with the playoffs patch in it 

I didn’t know they did them before the World Series. That’s cool I guess. 

Edited by GuitarPik
Just now, GuitarPik said:

Do we have a better option though?

I'm sure renting a pitching machine from the local batting cage and turning it up to 97 would cost less than Urena's salary, likely with similar results.

Marlins better not choke their playoff chances away. Totally random, but Paul and Todd need to be more critical of team on broadcast. Say something like “hey marlins really need to win this” or “this is huge for the marlins” they’re being a little too nonchalant given the current stakes attached. My bad, just something I am noticing while watching the game. But damn Marlins please don’t let me down last time u made the playoffs I was in elementary school 😭 

1 minute ago, Italian Marlins Fan said:

Marlins better not choke their playoff chances away. Totally random, but Paul and Todd need to be more critical of team on broadcast. Say something like “hey marlins really need to win this” or “this is huge for the marlins” they’re being a little too nonchalant given the current stakes attached. My bad, just something I am noticing while watching the game. But damn Marlins please don’t let me down last time u made the playoffs I was in elementary school 😭 

Their bosses forbid that. 

Just now, SongInTheAir said:

Fastball go brrr off the bat for sure. Dude's out there throwing darts instead of pitches, everything is so flat.

You might be onto something. Maybe he SHOULD throw the ball with a dart-throwing action. Might get some movement then.

Alfaro and Cooper annoy me with the fact that they swing at pitches way inside.

If Cooper stood six inches closer to the plate, he'd probably bat .350 based on the things he swings at and what he thinks is / isn't a strike.

Reminds me of Casey McGehee - didn't like the pitches on the outer edge but they were always strikes that he took. lol

Just now, GuitarPik said:

Alfaro has a horrible eye for being a catcher. 

That implies he sees the ball well behind the plate, too, and given his amount of passed balls, I have my doubts.

Also starting to realize, despite his arm being so strong, his stolen base numbers are pretty shit.