NL Postseason Games

rmc523

21 hours ago, hovertical said:

Sutcliffe believes that Molina is enough to win

Sutcliffe is an idiot though....

We have one outfielder who is 21 and just learning how to be a big leaguer.  The rest are all warmed over trash.

We have a DH/3b that hasnt hit for 3 years.  

Oh boy!  

I fully expect most of those trash pieces to return for another engagement next year. 

With a weaker staff due thanks to injury this year.

• The title was changed to NL Postseason Games

No matter what your opinion is on bat flipping, I think everyone should agree Manny Machado was a fucking hypocrite last night.

He launched his bat into space on a home run so the reliever flipped his hat after Bellinger robbed a home run. Manny got mad about it.

Why is it ok for a hitter to celebrate, but not a pitcher? I am pretty confident the reliever only did that because of Machado's antics. It was his answer and a damn funny one if you ask me.

https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/1314073866659127296 - The breakdown if you missed it

• Like 2

I thought Machado's pimping yesterday was too much. They were also still down when he hit it. I don't like the direction that all this bat flipping stuff is heading and MLB just seems to keep pushing it as if they think this stuff should be always happening. I don't have a problem with celebrations and energy and enthusiasm but I feel like there's a fine line and MLB lately is all about pushing past that line. It's only gonna lead to more anger and fighting. It's not the path I think they should be taking.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

I thought Machado's pimping yesterday was too much. They were also still down when he hit it. I don't like the direction that all this bat flipping stuff is heading and MLB just seems to keep pushing it as if they think this stuff should be always happening. I don't have a problem with celebrations and energy and enthusiasm but I feel like there's a fine line and MLB lately is all about pushing past that line. It's only gonna lead to more anger and fighting. It's not the path I think they should be taking.

I agree.  Celebrate a big home run that puts your team in the lead after a big comeback late in the game?  Ok.  I get it, that warrants some excitement.

But one in the 6th where you're still down?  Sure, do some mild celebration to yourself or point to your dugout real quick and move on.

I agree, it was the wrong time/situation for it, but regardless if he is going to do it, he can't get mad when the opponent does it too.

I am pretty sure Acuna would do the same thing though and get mad if a pitcher did a hat or glove flip after striking him out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I agree, it was the wrong time/situation for it, but regardless if he is going to do it, he can't get mad when the opponent does it too.

I am pretty sure Acuna would do the same thing though and get mad if a pitcher did a hat or glove flip after striking him out.

Yup, this.

But like seemingly everything these days, it's "my way or the highway" and everyone's a hypocrite.

Just now, SilverBullet said:

Also, Graterol was celebrating his teammate's catch... that's not showing up anyone.

I think that's very different than insulting the opposition.

"Yes we did something great" is very different than "haha screw you guys you suck and we got you"

True, though I doubt he does that if Machado didn't do his thing earlier.