Thoughts on Trevor Bauer

FishFan95

Which would you prefer?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you prefer?

• Bauer to Mets
    • Bauer to Dodgers

I know the Bauer just won the Cy Young, but I would actually rather him sign with the Mets. I know what you guys are thinking, but hear me out.

Bauer's numbers last year were phenomenal, but so were a lot of the pitchers in the Central divisions. I honestly think it's a mirage. He is a good pitcher, but he is not elite. The only other year he had great numbers was 2018 when he allowed a career low and league leading 0.5 HR/9. I don't think that was sustainable. Nor will his career low 5.1 H/9, 2.1 BB/9 or 12.3 K/9 be sustainable. At least not going from the Central to the East. Good chance he flops and I would be happy to see the Mets get trapped with a mammoth contract that will haunt them going forward.

12 hours ago, cyoung said:

I'm all for our rivals spending an absolute boatload of money.

11 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

Bauer isn't worth the insane amounts being thrown around. Let them get stuck with a bad contract.

I thought that if your team didn't throw lots of money around it means they are in a rebuild and don't want to win and that they need new owners?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SilverBullet said:

I know you were being funny but let's go there... I do not like Trevor Bauer. He think he's the center of the universe and is always looking to get the spotlight on himself. Needs to get down off his soapbox.

Yeah, I haven't read a lot about him, but he does sound like a bit of a jerk.

3 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I thought that if your team didn't throw lots of money around it means they are in a rebuild and don't want to win and that they need new owners?

The Marlins made the playoffs last year because the Phillies decided to spend stupid money... You know instead of actually addressing their biggest needs (bullpen). If the Mets are doing it too, we'll probably win the division too!

Edited by FishFan95

4 hours ago, SilverBullet said:

I know you were being funny but let's go there... I do not like Trevor Bauer. He think he's the center of the universe and is always looking to get the spotlight on himself. Needs to get down off his soapbox.

Yeah, Bauer is a bit of a d-bag.

He updated his merch with this. If he doesn't end up with them now, then this was a savage troll. Although, since it's the Muts, I'll allow it.