It’s a marathon, not a sprint.

1 minute ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

Watching the presser, If Donnie was a lawyer for hire I would pass.  At one point he defends the ump as saying it was basically an honest mistake.  No emotion from Don other than looking defeated.  

We need some fire under this team right now Donnie. 

Yep, don't like that one bit.

2 minutes ago, jeffreysfishfry said:

Watching the presser, If Donnie was a lawyer for hire I would pass.  At one point he defends the ump as saying it was basically an honest mistake.  No emotion from Don other than looking defeated.  

We need some fire under this team right now Donnie. 

Yeah, just listened to it and he was asked if they'll look into protesting it, and he said something like "well, I guess we'll just keep playing, they already made the call it's a loss."  Come on man, at least say we'll look into it to see what we can do.

• Shocked 1

Just now, rmc523 said:

Yeah, just listened to it and he was asked if they'll look into protesting it, and he said something like "well, I guess we'll just keep playing, they already made the call it's a loss."  Come on man, at least say we'll look into it to see what we can do.

I’m starting to believe Beta Donnie benched Jazz after that umpire interaction followed by the day off after seeing him bend down today in the presser.  

7 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

This team seemed to buy into their shortened playoff berth last year a little bit too much. There’s been a great deal of arrogance since with the social media hype videos before the season, etc. I miss last year when nothing was expected and they just quietly won some games.

7 minutes ago, SonOfJack said:

Joe Girardi was fired by Loria after winning Manager of the Year.

Joe Girardi was also the only manager to win manager of the year with a losing record as the ‘06 Marlins were 78-84, which makes his win even more impressive.

I remember I was so annoyed when Joe Girardi was tired and Fredi Gonzalez was hired. So were most of all the old Marlins.com forum members, I remember some of the members wrote emails to David Samson asking him to change their decision and hire Girardi again. 😂

13 minutes ago, CyggyMarlin said:

just hypothetical, but has a manager ever been fired right after winning Manager of the Year?

Just hypothetically speaking, if that were to happen, who would you choose to be the Marlins interim manager from these five choices?

1. Buck Showalter

2. Mike Scocia

3. James Rowson

4. Derek Jeter

5. __________ (Fill in the blank with one person of your choice.)

😂

4 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

Just hypothetically speaking, if that were to happen, who would you choose to be the Marlins interim manager from these five choices?

1. Buck Showalter

2. Mike Scocia

3. James Rowson

4. Derek Jeter

😂

Miggy Ro - Player/Manager in the beginning.... Long before he won MOY, I've felt it's time to move on from Don

Edited by CyggyMarlin
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, SirFishFan said:

1. Buck Showalter

2. Mike Scocia

3. James Rowson

4. Derek Jeter

😂

Jack McKeon

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SirFishFan said:

1. Buck Showalter

2. Mike Scocia

3. James Rowson

4. Derek Jeter

😂

Out of this group, honestly, probably Scioscia. But, eh!

• 4 weeks later...

Marlins had a pretty inconsistent April.

There are still 5 months and 135 games left in the season.

It's been rough lately with a lot of players out, including arguably two out of the top 4 Marlins players in Jazz and Marte.

It's going to be a rough patch of games until they get the full lineup healthy again.

But, still too early for me to give up on the season just yet, although during some moments in the weekend series vs. the Nats I was feeling like it. 😂