Injured Players Update Thread

FishFan95

11 minutes ago, flsportsfan83 said:

If we have anymore injuries and they need a fat outfielder that can't run or hit, I am happy to come on down to the stadium.

Sounds like you'll fit right in with what they've been trotting out there.  lol

Great to see Marte taking BP.

1 hour ago, Iowa said:

Hurry back Elieser! Will be really nice to get him back. Is he back after his next rehab start?

Not too sure about that, really, they may need one more than that to ramp up his pitch count. But we'll see, it is possible.

• Like 1

Just now, FishFan95 said:

Here is a few tidbits from the Miami Herald on injured players, especially Marte. Good read.

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/mlb/miami-marlins/article251599218.html

If you don't have a subscription, it talks about Marte's BP session today and gives an estimate as to how long it will be until he gets back. It said that he will likely have a short rehab session in the minors of 2 or 3 games before he comes back to the big league club. It indicated that he could be back either at the tail end of the homestand or when the club heads out to Boston if there are no setbacks. That would mean he could be back within a week. Certainly he would be back in time to face his old club in Pittsburgh. This is very encouraging.

It gives an update on the other players, but nothing that hasn't already been reported here.

• Like 1

The fact that the Marlins have managed to stay afloat in spite of the onslaught of injuries speaks to how talented this club really is. Makes me wonder where the team would be right now if injuries hadn't played such a major role over these first two months or so.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Valid said:

The fact that the Marlins have managed to stay afloat in spite of the onslaught of injuries speaks to how talented this club really is. Makes me wonder where the team would be right now if injuries hadn't played such a major role over these first two months or so.

Agreed.  Though there were definitely frustrating games in there, I'm glad they didn't completely implode/fall far back.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Agreed.  Though there were definitely frustrating games in there, I'm glad they didn't completely implode/fall far back.

And if our offense could average a half run more per game, who knows where we are right now. Those early blown saves ... but, eh.

1 hour ago, Valid said:

I think the slumps of Cooper and BA have been just as impactful as the injuries. It looks like all of those things are ending at about the same time. Feels a lot like picking up a bonified star at the trade deadline.

• Like 1

Just now, FishFan95 said:

I think the slumps of Cooper and BA have been just as impactful as the injuries. It looks like all of those things are ending at about the same time. Feels a lot like picking up a bonified star at the trade deadline.

Yeah, it would've been nice if they could've been hot while the guys were out to carry us, and got cold when they come back for the injured guys to come back and carry the team.

15 hours ago, Michael said:

And if our offense could average a half run more per game, who knows where we are right now. 

They'd still be in the same location right now, the schedule doesn't change based on how well they play. I'm surprised you didn't know that Micheal. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well at least that all seems like positive steps forward. The Sixto thing still seems mysterious but hopefully they're just being overly quiet and not necessarily hiding anything serious.

My own guess on Sixto is that this is an organizational plan of delaying him for a combination of four things:

1) Service time

2) Innings limit

3) Previous health concerns

4) To have him be a mid-season boost like a trade deadline pickup would be, aka setting up their own "trade deadline blockbuster addition"

I say this because none of the four is the primary concern but all four are something and they can accomplish all four by doing whatever it is that they're doing. It's fishy but this is what I see here.

1 minute ago, SilverBullet said:

4) To have him be a mid-season boost like a trade deadline pickup would be, aka setting up their own "trade deadline blockbuster addition"

Is it still this if we sell though?

7 minutes ago, SilverBullet said:

Well at least that all seems like positive steps forward. The Sixto thing still seems mysterious but hopefully they're just being overly quiet and not necessarily hiding anything serious.

My own guess on Sixto is that this is an organizational plan of delaying him for a combination of four things:

1) Service time

2) Innings limit

3) Previous health concerns

I say this because none of the four is the primary concern but all four are something and they can accomplish all four by doing whatever it is that they're doing. It's fishy but this is what I see here.

A "blockbuster trade deadline addition" doesn't do any good if you fall so far out of it that you're not even relevant by then.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.