Angels Release Albert Pujols

Michael

Cardinals have to sign him!

Even though I wouldn’t be surprised if he will have a long second career as a member of the Cardinals in a coaching or FO role, it would be nice to see him back there to finish his playing career, like when Ichiro went back to the Mariners in 2018.

Performance wise, I get it.  But I'm surprised they did it with this being the last year of the contract and didn't just bite the bullet  of having him on the roster this final year.

Should've never left St. Louis. Reminds me of Griffey when he left Seattle. Pujols will go down as an all time great but he'd be up there with Mantle, Mays, Aaron, etc. if he stayed with the Cardinals his whole career. Would've won a few more World Series and had the whole career with one club status. 

I hope he signs with the Cardinals for the remainder of the year as a curtain call in a pinch hit role. 

1 hour ago, Pittsburgh Mike said:

Should've never left St. Louis. Reminds me of Griffey when he left Seattle. Pujols will go down as an all time great but he'd be up there with Mantle, Mays, Aaron, etc. if he stayed with the Cardinals his whole career. Would've won a few more World Series and had the whole career with one club status. 

I hope he signs with the Cardinals for the remainder of the year as a curtain call in a pinch hit role. 

He actually left when Das became a fan.

Also I'd be annoyed as fuck if the Cardinals signed Pujols and added another trash player to our bench along with Matt Carpenter.  Would give the Cardinals the worst bench in MLB and it wont be close.  

On 5/7/2021 at 4:49 PM, Michael said:

That's not accurate, you became a fan in 2013, he had left already.

No thats probably when I officially left and was 100% done with the Loria led Marlins. 

Not that it really matters to you loons. 

10 minutes ago, Das Texan said:

No thats probably when I officially left and was 100% done with the Loria led Marlins. 

Not that it really matters to you loons. 

Oh. Come back to the Jeter led Marlins then you baffoon. ❤️

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Activity

1. 8

Building collapse in Miami

2. 301

The Fire Don Mattingly Thread

3. 301

The Fire Don Mattingly Thread

• Recent Achievements

• ZfromCIS went up a rank
      Bench Player
    • Florida Marlins earned a badge
      One Month Later