Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Eury Perez

Featured Replies

Give it time dude is only 18. Will be hearing bout him more and more if he keeps this up.

5 hours ago, mk613 said:

Give it time dude is only 18. Will be hearing bout him more and more if he keeps this up.

That's the great thing - he's doing this well *at* 18. Given his size, his mechanics have been smooth and repeatable. He may not be done growing, and if he can fill out a bit, then we may really have someone here.

I hope they keep him in Low A to finish the year strong and not worry about moving him to Beloit this month.

Maybe if he's able to add 10 pounds this offseason while continuing his progress, maybe he skips A+ ball. Maybe. Him in AA at 19 would be pretty insane.

6 hours ago, Michael said:

That's the great thing - he's doing this well *at* 18. Given his size, his mechanics have been smooth and repeatable. He may not be done growing, and if he can fill out a bit, then we may really have someone here.

I hope they keep him in Low A to finish the year strong and not worry about moving him to Beloit this month.

Maybe if he's able to add 10 pounds this offseason while continuing his progress, maybe he skips A+ ball. Maybe. Him in AA at 19 would be pretty insane.

One can hope.

I thought it'd be a better idea to leave him in Low-A to finish the season since it's almost complete, but alright! Congrats to Eury on the promotion.

Is Beloit in a potential playoff spot? Eury could be reinforcement for the rotation. Hmm.

  • 4 weeks later...
  • Author

Getting very little resistance from High A hitters after 4 starts. At his age I'm starting to think we have something very special here. 

 

The Marlins just fired that International Farm Director who was in charge when we signed Perez back in 2019.

1 hour ago, SonOfJack said:

I wonder if this was related to the VVM bust.

I would think so - a player who performs that poorly should never have a bust made of them!

6 hours ago, SonOfJack said:

I wonder if this was related to the VVM bust.

I mean, half the league wanted him, so o don’t know how much fault I can put there

  • 4 months later...
52 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said:

Not only is Eury good good news, but I’m sure you’re glad to see Danny posting again.

He's throwing a party as I type this.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.