January 10, 20233 yr Just now, marlinsmaniac said: That was my first reaction too but then I had to remind myself that they’ve actually been capable of bringing the best out of their starters since Mel came on board lol True. He's not a hitter, so maybe it'll work out lol.
January 10, 20233 yr 20 minutes ago, rmc523 said: I know right. It's unusual to see us thinking ahead, and actually getting the guy.
January 10, 20233 yr Probably not but I wonder if Kim has anything anywhere near close because would be nice to do the trade before having to DFA someone unnecessarily for Cueto to get on the roster.
January 10, 20233 yr Just now, SilverBullet said: Probably not but I wonder if Kim has anything anywhere near close because would be nice to do the trade before having to DFA someone unnecessarily for Cueto to get on the roster. Would be nice, probably can have a 2-3 day window here to get it done. Cueto's physical is still pending.
January 10, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, SonOfJack said: Would be nice, probably can have a 2-3 day window here to get it done. Cueto's physical is still pending. They can stretch it longer, Segura took a whole week to announce.
January 10, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, SilverBullet said: They can stretch it longer, Segura took a whole week to announce. Also, nobody in MLB is gonna rush Kim to announce the signing, they already know how slow she works lmao
January 10, 20233 yr They have three loses in Abreu, Turner and Drury and have two wins in Segura and Cueto.
January 10, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, TaiwanAstros said: They have three loses in Abreu, Turner and Drury and have two wins in Segura and Cueto. I didn't want Drury so I consider that a win
January 10, 20233 yr Just now, TaiwanAstros said: They have three loses in Abreu, Turner and Drury and have two wins in Segura and Cueto. Are you ever happy?
January 10, 20233 yr 3 minutes ago, SilverBullet said: Are you ever happy? If they signed Correa today, he'd say "That makes them 3-3 on the off-season" as if every signing/trade is equal to another.
January 10, 20233 yr 1 hour ago, SonOfJack said: I’m all for it then! though I love Cabrera and Lopez, they have shown to have a bit of an issue with the injury bug so I’m all for selling high on them while they can. And the three mentioned in that post are three I agree with keeping so color me happy lol
January 10, 20233 yr 3 minutes ago, marlinsmaniac said: I’m all for it then! though I love Cabrera and Lopez, they have shown to have a bit of an issue with the injury bug so I’m all for selling high on them while they can. And the three mentioned in that post are three I agree with keeping so color me happy lol Yeah, I'd think it's a good time to sell Pablo after showing he could be healthy.
January 10, 20233 yr 2 minutes ago, rmc523 said: Yeah, I'd think it's a good time to sell Pablo after showing he could be healthy. Bruce pockets enough money as it is. Should trade him, not sell him.
January 10, 20233 yr 7 minutes ago, rmc523 said: Yeah, I'd think it's a good time to sell Pablo after showing he could be healthy. They should have traded him LAST offseason.
January 10, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, hovertical said: They should have traded him LAST offseason. Agreed, but at least now he shows he can stay healthy, even if it's a year less control.
January 10, 20233 yr 15 minutes ago, SilverBullet said: Are you ever happy? Should say have some satisfaction after the signing of Segura and Cueto.
January 10, 20233 yr 34 minutes ago, SonOfJack said: If they signed Correa today, he'd say "That makes them 3-3 on the off-season" as if every signing/trade is equal to another. Not say all the moves equal but say they have some wins and some loses in the FA market.
January 10, 20233 yr 9 minutes ago, rmc523 said: Agreed, but at least now he shows he can stay healthy, even if it's a year less control. His value was also a bit higher last offseason I think.
January 10, 20233 yr At least Ng is smart enough to know they need to acquire Cueto before they make the big trades.
January 10, 20233 yr 54 minutes ago, TaiwanAstros said: They have three loses in Abreu, Turner and Drury and have two wins in Segura and Cueto. You can't lose something you've never had.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.