January 10, 20233 yr 1 hour ago, hovertical said: His value was also a bit higher last offseason I think. Sure, but we'd get more now than in-season I'd think, no? I'd rather trade him now and not risk his arm (or shoulder) blowing out and we get nothing for him.
January 11, 20233 yr Cueto was surprisingly good last season. If he does anything close to that again it will be great. If I were to trade a starter for offense, I would probably go for Lopez or Rogers although I think Rogers has serious bounce back potential.
January 11, 20233 yr Just now, canada-marlin24 said: Cueto was surprisingly good last season. If he does anything close to that again it will be great. If I were to trade a starter for offense, I would probably go for Lopez or Rogers although I think Rogers has serious bounce back potential. I'm not a fan of Rogers and he's been pretty awful for 3/4 of his career as a Marlin now. If he had even been just average for the first half of his rookie season his overall stat line after two seasons would have us screaming for him to be sent down or used from the pen.
January 11, 20233 yr 13 minutes ago, hovertical said: I'm not a fan of Rogers and he's been pretty awful for 3/4 of his career as a Marlin now. If he had even been just average for the first half of his rookie season his overall stat line after two seasons would have us screaming for him to be sent down or used from the pen. Maybe Mel can work his magic over the offseason?
January 11, 20233 yr 44 minutes ago, rmc523 said: Maybe Mel can work his magic over the offseason? Yeah I hope so too. I just think most folks forget he's actually been pretty crappy for most of his career here. Of course I want him to turn it around though as I do prefer winning.
January 11, 20233 yr 26 minutes ago, hovertical said: Yeah I hope so too. I just think most folks forget he's actually been pretty crappy for most of his career here. Of course I want him to turn it around though as I do prefer winning. Yeah, the hot start hides it.
January 11, 20233 yr 28 minutes ago, rmc523 said: Yeah, the hot start hides it. This reminds me of my philosophy in the bedroom.
January 11, 20233 yr 34 minutes ago, SilverBullet said: This reminds me of my philosophy in the bedroom. How's that working for ya?
January 11, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, rmc523 said: How's that working for ya? I think we need a comment from his wife on this more.
January 11, 20233 yr 44 minutes ago, rmc523 said: How's that working for ya? If you score ten runs in the first inning nobody notices if you eventually lose the game.
January 11, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, SilverBullet said: If you score ten runs in the first inning nobody notices if you eventually lose the game. We should try this
January 11, 20233 yr Author 12 minutes ago, SilverBullet said: If you score ten runs in the first inning nobody notices if you eventually lose the game. Actually they do. Secret Base did a whole-ass video on it over 30 years after it happened to the Pirates.
January 11, 20233 yr 12 minutes ago, SonOfJack said: We should try this I'll take 1 run, which we can't even seem to get half the time.
January 11, 20233 yr 31 minutes ago, SilverBullet said: If you score ten runs in the first inning nobody notices if you eventually lose the game. You tell them you are moderator as Marlinsbaseball.com and the clothes just evaporate off those women.
January 11, 20233 yr 16 minutes ago, LordMagnus said: You tell them you are moderator as Marlinsbaseball.com and the clothes just evaporate off those women.
January 11, 20233 yr 17 minutes ago, LordMagnus said: You tell them you are moderator as Marlinsbaseball.com and the clothes just evaporate off those women.
January 11, 20233 yr Fangraphs on Cueto to Miami: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/johnny-cueto-brings-a-veteran-presence-to-a-promising-marlins-rotation/ Well said that adding Cueto actually doesn't change anything for the Marlins, rather it's the potential follow up move that could really help. Quote If Kim Ng can flip one of those arms for an major league-ready bat, the Cueto signing will make a lot more sense... Cueto is fun to watch and great for the clubhouse, but he won’t change Miami’s outlook for 2023.
January 11, 20233 yr 1 hour ago, SilverBullet said: Fangraphs on Cueto to Miami: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/johnny-cueto-brings-a-veteran-presence-to-a-promising-marlins-rotation/ Well said that adding Cueto actually doesn't change anything for the Marlins, rather it's the potential follow up move that could really help. Agreed, this needs to be a precursor to another move.
January 12, 20233 yr 23 hours ago, rmc523 said: I'll take 1 run, which we can't even seem to get half the time. I get the runs all the time; maybe the Marlins should sign me.
January 12, 20233 yr Just now, mystikol87 said: I get the runs all the time; maybe the Marlins should sign me. Taco Bell fan?
January 12, 20233 yr 1 minute ago, SonOfJack said: Taco Bell fan? Just generalized anxiety and a lot of fiber 😆
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.