2023/24 Off-Season

3 hours ago, UpperDeckFishTank said:

Will miss Hampson, good player. I don't like the word 'role player' for him cuz Braxton was also a 'role pitcher' till he proved he is a starter in the MLB regardless of what they think of his 'stuff'. Hampson was the only player on our team who could bunt, had great speed and was very clutch. Helped us with a few late inning miracles. Happy to see he got a full year MLB contract he earned it.

Hampson also hadn't done much before last year, and last year could've been a career year.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Hampson also hadn't done much before last year, and last year could've been a career year.

To follow up on this thought - he was a nice player for us, but it's not the end of the world he's moving on.  I'm skeptical of his ability to repeat based on track record (or lack thereof).

5 hours ago, UpperDeckFishTank said:

Will miss Hampson, good player. I don't like the word 'role player' for him cuz Braxton was also a 'role pitcher' till he proved he is a starter in the MLB regardless of what they think of his 'stuff'. Hampson was the only player on our team who could bunt, had great speed and was very clutch. Helped us with a few late inning miracles. Happy to see he got a full year MLB contract he earned it.

I'm shocked you're a big Hampson guy.. SHOCKED I tell ya

• Haha 1