Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How many games will you watch this season?

Featured Replies

Just curious how many games you all actually planned on watching or attending this season. I'm actually excited to get the games on TV again but with the stupid 6:40 start times overlapping with my after-work depression naps I might only catch the last couple innings most weeknights. I still think I'll be able to catch parts of at least 100 this year. I am a masochist, but I've always loved this stupid team so, there ya go.

What about y'all?

I watched 6 innings of opening day last year and that was it. I'll probably follow the gametracker or check the box score and call it a day.

As of right now I’m predicting I’ll watch around 5-10 games total next year. Probably I will check out part of opening day if I can but not guaranteed I’ll watch the whole thing. I’ll tune in but after like 4 innings of it’s a terrible game I’ll easily find something more entertaining to do. 😂

I’m outside of the Marlins local tv area so I mean if the T-Mobile app Tuesdays offer the free mlb tv again I’ll probably sign up just for the heck of it. But still probably would only tune into actual games just like maybe a couple times a month.

Of course that could all change if for some reason the Marlins pull a 2006 again and start being competitive against all odds. That is what will get me to tune in. Same with getting people to show up to the stadium.. if there’s a fun and competitive product on the field that will get people in the stands. Same with tv viewers! So I know it’s highly unlikely but always a chance. Otherwise if not I’m afraid I’ve just become too much of a casual fan these days where if I see the Marlins down 7-2 in the 5th inning I’m probably switching the station.

I just want to say a general comment that I commend the still extra dedicated fans who will still tune in and watch as many games next year as possible. I know the baseball world likes to shit on the Marlins as much as possible and for good reason but while there may not be that many I know there are still people out there who live and breathe Marlins baseball and will still follow the team and root for them and watch all the games every year no matter how terrible they are playing And since I was once one of those people and I am not anymore and probably never will be again, I just want to say thanks on behalf of one Marlins fan to another. If you’re a random Marlins fan reading this who will tune into as many games as possible next year regardless of how the Marlins are doing. Thanks for staying strong! 😂

Edited by SirFishFan

Same here with the T-Mobile option, if it comes back around.

I'll watch most (if not all) of Opening Day if it's not a blowout against the Marlins, then maybe some parts here and there if there's callups. So maybe, in aggregate, 4 games?

6 hours ago, MarlinsToSpend said:

0 game in Miami, 162 games in Taiwan.

I just realized that you are TaiwanMarlins. I was wondering why a new member of the site picked the same profile pic. 😂

  • Author
16 hours ago, WillyumKeef said:

Post work depression naps? Might need a new career

Wish I could, but I can't. Well, can, but won't. Should, maybe, but shorn't.

Right now? I plan on watching 0, and attending 0. I'm not wasting my time or money watching an inevitable dumpster fire that they've not taken any attempt to improve whatsoever.

I'll still post here and follow moves/scores, but I just would rather spend my time in other ways.

I revert to a previous statement I've made over the last few years - they don't care, why should I?

Edited by rmc523

Hate to admit this, but I dropped Bally's / Marlins and Heat telecasts from my cable provider. While I want to watch the Heat occassionally, I had NO interest in watching "Marlins Beisbol" over the last few years outside of turning it on in the background of whatever I was doing. Heat games I can still catch on national broadcasts and highlights. Marlins games. face it they will never play on national TV in the rest of the decade and highlights shows only include us if the opposing team did anything of note.

This team has zero excitement ability or interest. As someone who REALLY became a fan in the down years of 1998-2002, this 2025 squad is as depressing as finding out your mom left your dad for a meth head because he didn't beat her.

I'll stick to getting my "fix" from here and twitter.

Assuming I get mlb tv through t-mobile, will gd watching Sandy’s final few months as a marlin. Eury as well and weathers. I’ll probably watch more Mets games this year though as really not excited about this season

18 hours ago, Hot_corner said:

ditched cable so i'm not even getting Bally's right now. I can't get it via mlb.tv in Jacksonville, so will have to decide if there's an alternative that's worth it.

Do you need help getting back into your main Hotcorner account?

On 1/31/2025 at 3:33 PM, Piazza31 said:

Hate to admit this, but I dropped Bally's / Marlins and Heat telecasts from my cable provider. While I want to watch the Heat occasionally, I had NO interest in watching "Marlins Beisbol" over the last few years outside of turning it on in the background of whatever I was doing. Heat games I can still catch on national broadcasts and highlights. Marlins games. face it they will never play on national TV in the rest of the decade and highlights shows only include us if the opposing team did anything of note.

This team has zero excitement ability or interest. As someone who REALLY became a fan in the down years of 1998-2002, this 2025 squad is as depressing as finding out your mom left your dad for a meth head because he didn't beat her.

I'll stick to getting my "fix" from here and twitter.

I don't blame you at all. It's a shame what they're doing.

They've burned the "have faith in the process" bridge.

Edited by rmc523

Always loved baseball from an early age, but just really the team I follow. Never been one to watch other games or teams that didn't effect the Marlins. So I'll watch, because I have every season since I were a child. It's the cross I bear

Only question is how long i'll last. All I can ask for is to carry me close to football season most years but entertainment into May would be nice this season.

Edited by WillyumKeef

likely zero this year. i finally tuned out for the most part about 3 months in last season and only occasionally watched a game here and there. I canceled my mlb.tv yearly subscription though so it won't renew. I honestly don't know how much i'll even post in-season on here any longer (which i'm sure some of you will be happy about!) as they really did remove any enjoyment of the sport last season and have literally done NOTHING to rectify that this offseason. I'm pretty much done with them now and they've been the only team i've cared about my entire life since i was 11 and started following them in 1993.

so in order for me to be able to see even a single game i'd have to sign back up for mlb.tv which likely ain't happening.

I even stopped following along via boxscores last season at some point and would just check once every 10 days or so at how many they lost. Horrible team, horrible owner - even their prospect depth isn't rated that high and they don't have a single blue chip prospect. There's literally nothing to care about anymore.

have a good day!

8 minutes ago, hovertical said:

likely zero this year. i finally tuned out for the most part about 3 months in last season and only occasionally watched a game here and there. I canceled my mlb.tv yearly subscription though so it won't renew. I honestly don't know how much i'll even post in-season on here any longer (which i'm sure some of you will be happy about!) as they really did remove any enjoyment of the sport last season and have literally done NOTHING to rectify that this offseason. I'm pretty much done with them now and they've been the only team i've cared about my entire life since i was 11 and started following them in 1993.

so in order for me to be able to see even a single game i'd have to sign back up for mlb.tv which likely ain't happening.

I even stopped following along via boxscores last season at some point and would just check once every 10 days or so at how many they lost. Horrible team, horrible owner - even their prospect depth isn't rated that high and they don't have a single blue chip prospect. There's literally nothing to care about anymore.

have a good day!

Bottoms Up Cheers GIF by CBS

On 2/5/2025 at 1:50 PM, hovertical said:

likely zero this year. i finally tuned out for the most part about 3 months in last season and only occasionally watched a game here and there. I canceled my mlb.tv yearly subscription though so it won't renew. I honestly don't know how much i'll even post in-season on here any longer (which i'm sure some of you will be happy about!) as they really did remove any enjoyment of the sport last season and have literally done NOTHING to rectify that this offseason. I'm pretty much done with them now and they've been the only team i've cared about my entire life since i was 11 and started following them in 1993.

so in order for me to be able to see even a single game i'd have to sign back up for mlb.tv which likely ain't happening.

I even stopped following along via boxscores last season at some point and would just check once every 10 days or so at how many they lost. Horrible team, horrible owner - even their prospect depth isn't rated that high and they don't have a single blue chip prospect. There's literally nothing to care about anymore.

have a good day!

Noooo don't leave us

56 minutes ago, mrchainsaw said:

Are we going to do monthly game threads again? That was kind of sad but I get why

Season game thread lol.

I know it's not up to me, but making daily game threads that get one post doesn't make sense.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.