Everything posted by stefanodemais
-
I met Mrs. Easley today!
Anyone know if Misty May-Treanor was there?
-
Lowell with an attitude problem?
it's an agent who said that. They are the slime of the sports world and you really shouldn't believe anything they say.
-
THOSE BRAVES!!!!
I don't think any true Marlins fan doesn't hate the Braves. But it is incredible what they do. It's as if any pitcher from that organization can pitch like a cy young hall of famer with them (Except Dan Kolb). I mean, look at them right now 24 Wilson Betemit ------ROOKIE 19 Adam LaRoche -------ROOKIE 4 Pete Orr ----------------ROOKIE 7 Jeff Francoeur ----------ROOKIE 18 Ryan Langerhans -----ROOKIE Yet they are again in first place in the NL East and I don't think anyone is going to catch them. Plus they are on National TV every weekend and I think they have a stronger fan base in Miami than the Marlins do. Much of my hate is envy but I always look forward and wait for them to fall apart in the play-offs.
-
RISP
that actually only proves that Lee isn't only a clutch hitter but a consistent hitter. What I mean is there is people hitting above 385 (not many) with RISP. It's a great avg for Enc though.
-
Player's songs.
And Encarnacions song as well please if anyone knows.
-
Miguel Cabrera
ESPN the magazine had a cover article on him, his wife and her sister on vacation in the Dominican Republic. Anyway he met her before he even came to the US. But yeah it's a good question. Dwayne Wade had a child in college with his HS sweetheart as well and I remember reading that he was borrowing money from friends to buy diapers. PS: That's just a picture of the cover I found and not actually my name or address on it.
-
Peter Gammons
Jim Fregosi James Louis Fregosi Managerial Record Glossary Year League Team Age G W L WP Finish +----+-----------+--------+---+-----+----+----+------+------+ 1978 AL West Califrna 36 117 62 55 .530 2 1979 AL West Califrna 37 162 88 74 .543 1 1980 AL West Califrna 38 160 65 95 .406 6 1981 AL West Califrna 39 47 22 25 .468 4 First half of season 1986 AL West ChicagoW 44 96 45 51 .469 5 1987 AL West ChicagoW 45 162 77 85 .475 5 1988 AL West ChicagoW 46 161 71 90 .441 5 1991 NL East Phildlpa 49 149 74 75 .497 3 1992 NL East Phildlpa 50 162 70 92 .432 6 1993 NL East Phildlpa 51 162 97 65 .599 NL 1 1994 NL East Phildlpa 52 115 54 61 .470 4 1995 NL East Phildlpa 53 144 69 75 .479 3 1996 NL East Phildlpa 54 162 67 95 .414 5 1999 AL East Toronto 57 162 84 78 .519 3 2000 AL East Toronto 58 162 83 79 .512 3 +----+-----------+--------+---+-----+----+----+------+------+ Califrna 486 237 249 .488 ChicagoW 419 193 226 .461 Phildlpa 894 431 463 .482 Toronto 324 167 157 .515 +----+-----------+--------+---+-----+----+----+------+------+ TOTAL 2123 1028 1095 .484 NL or AL under Finish means team won pennant. WS under Finish means team won World Series. Joe Girardi just retired in 2003 apparently.
-
Al Leiter's game against the Red Sox
Leiter might be pitching on adrenaline but you never know. Oh well, I will hold my judgment until he makes at least 2 more starts. Either way I also think that AJ trade is s***. We have a really good FO and I trust they will negotiate they way through it. I also believe now that something drastic needs to be done soon. Maybe it is McKeon. We need a jump start. Doesn't look like the players are very enthusiastic about playing. We're only 7 games back. There is still time to come back. Let's do something FO SOON.
-
What is your theory behind poor fan support?
Here you go: Some answers our Attendence Problems -Points made: -Every spring trainning game is packed -The stadium sucks on ALL LEVELS I would also like to add: -Location is horrible -1998 Fire sale stabbed the fans in the back.
-
Can we all Agree?
Meanwhile, Penny is 5-5 with a 3.43 ERA, and is a Big Mac away from serious arm trouble. We literally stole Mota & Duca for him. Highway robbery. Same will happen with AJ. He is bull-headed and does-it-his-way. Learn a lesson from the Bryan Harvey mistake - sell high b4 he blows himself out. 854068[/snapback] They actually really like Brad Penny out there in LA. I was listening to dodgers radio there and they blame the team for not giving him run support. Anyway, watching sportscenter at the moment and they have Buster Olney and Kent Rosenthal mentioned AJ about 6 times while going through each league. They said he's a perfect fit for the O's but they are not willing to give up what he is worth; then said that the Yanks, White Sox, and 2 other teams who are interested. Anyway they both also said that the Marlins are CONTENDERS and that we will make a strong push for the Wild Card because apparently the Braves took the division already and the Nats don't exist. Buster said our FO is one of the most agressives and they will make a deal and "shake up" the team. Pleasing to hear really.
-
Marlin's First Half MVP
how far below .500 would we be without Dontrelle? Exactly.
-
Umm..Cabrera in the HR Derby?
might be a mistake This article from yesterday has Abreu in it still. Those eight players will include Hee-Seop Choi of the Los Angeles Dodgers, who was added Friday to complete the field, representing Korea. He joins Philadelphia's Bobby Abreu (Venezuela), Pittsburgh's Jason Bay (Canada), Atlanta's Andruw Jones (the Netherlands), Milwaukee's Carlos Lee (Panama), Boston's David Ortiz (Dominican Republic), Detroit's Ivan Rodriguez (Puerto Rico) and Texas' Mark Teixeira (United States). Hopefully I am wrong Here is the link MLB.com
-
Away Announcers
(first of all I would like to say that I am drunk and I am sorry for the rant) They just lost 8 in a row and we almost came back on this one. The rain stopped our momentum. They are just jealous and envious. Len Kasper is making more money as a Cub broacaster but I think he does miss being with the FISH. He didn't have half the pressure in South Florida. I can't imagine how much hate mail he must get every day. Chicago is a sorry town with a sorry national league team. We are a winning team and have a great beginner tradition. Yeah we had some bad years (98, 99) but what other team with a 11 year history has TWO World Series Title? Look at the Rockies, they were founded the same year we were. They barely have a winning season. In either case it REALLY cheered me up to see 14 thousand young kids at a Marlins game yesterday. If you are a little older as I am you know South Florida was mainly a Braves town before the Marlins were founded. I was a huge Braves fan and still think that game 7 of the 1991 World Series was the best game ever pitched by both teams. But now I hate the Braves and love the Marlins. Those kids are going to make GREAT fans. I might be dreaming but I see a day in the future where every Marlins game is sold out (in a new stadium) and people are crazy about us. I love this team and I believe that other teams, specially the Cubs who haven't won anything in how many years, are just jealous. Their whole organizations doesn't like us. We have Andre Dawson in our front office and he is one of the best players the Cubs have ever had. He was like a franchise player for them for 6 seasons. Chicago was proud of him yet he works for us. My point is don't get caught up in anything these losers talk about because in the end we have something they don't. A WORLD SERIES TITLE (2 of them actually) plus who did we knock off the playoffs in 2003? Yeah, ok.
-
7/8 Cubs @ Marlins 7:35
Nice to hear Len Kasper on MLB.TV at DS. They just showed a panaromic of the stadium and there is nobody there. Wow. I guess people are really worried about that hurricane.
-
Will Cabrera be in the HomeRun Derby?
They just announced during the phillies-pirates game on ESPN that Abreu will be representing Venezuela (look at that he JUST hit a Grand Slam).
-
Congrats to the Marlins All Stars
It's ridiculous that the Mets have two guys starting. THEY ARE IN LAST PLACE. Piazza doesn't deserve to be on the team and Beltran should be a reserve at best. I hate this fan voting crap.
-
Loose Marlins managing to minimize stress
I hate Le Retard but he might have a point there. And Jeff Torborg was a bitter bitter man in the comentator booth today.
-
Willis, Cabrera are Marlins' best hopes for All-St
Delgado doesn't stand a chance of making it. Not that he doesn't have the numbers but you have Pujols and Derek Lee at 1st. No chance. Sorry.
-
This is for Mav
Apparently Jack is only keeping him around in case we get into an extra inning game. :plain How does Jack expect Willy to be ready when he needs him if he never plays? The kid is doing little more than warming up relievers and playing cards right now. 837622[/snapback] He also takes batting practice (major league level batting practice! ) every day and probably goes through some type of hazing the older players are making him do. He must be exausted already. How can you expect him to play?
-
Salary dump?
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/salaries?team=fla I don't know if it would help to dump leiter, but.. he really , really sucks and I don't see him improving any time soon. His salary is ridiculous and it would really free up some money 837790[/snapback] Wow Our two best paid players are the two worst on the team. We should dump both of them. I don't know what Leiters contract is and if any team would take him but we should definetly make a trade or some deal to get rid of Lowel. I love the guy but half the season in passed. He needs a change of scenery or something. Staying here is hurting him and the Marlins.
-
7/1 Marlins vs Mets
yeah but he couldnt put it down so now we need a deep single
-
7/1 Marlins vs Mets
Tony Gwinn had his 3000 hit in the crap hole in Montreal? I feel sorry for him. Must have been all of 3000 people in there to see it.
-
7/1 Marlins vs Mets
that change up is awsome. Good thing he's using it more than the heater.
-
6/30 Marlins vs Braves
Game is on TBS nationwide today. Cool.
-
Juan Pierre autograph signing on July 9th
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...lins/index.html