Everything posted by Fish4Life
-
Twins hot for Mike Lowell
Did anyone else laugh at the thread title? LOL!! The twins have been Hot for Lowell for the past two years! He might get married to Texas though... Possibly a date with the twins... Depends who pays more... Lowell is a pretty expensive date! :lol :lol :lol
-
"Beckett dangled as trade bait"
a source who has spoken with the Marlins said they would likely spin him to another club. That part caught my attention. I'm thinking Piazza here. we trade Beckett and Lowell for Blalock and prospects. Then we trade Blalock for prospects... So it ends up being Beckett and Lowell for prospects. CORRECT! Sucks huh??
-
"Beckett dangled as trade bait"
This trade hurts beause Beckett will leave but....... If the Rangers pick up the ENTIRE LOWELL contract and part of Hank's deal you have to do this trade!! Although Hank will most likely be traded in another deal...
-
The "Loria Needs To Sell" Thread
I do like Loria as an owner! He has done alot for this team in my opinon! Haing said that this team is in serouies jepordary of being moved somewhere else.. It doesnt matter if you have a World Series team out there or a Single A team... I didnt read this whole entire thread but I did come on oen that said there was no stadiums built in those cities... The Marlins have the lease with the stadium here till 2010.. If Las Vegas was told they would have the marlins in 07' I BET ANY AMOUNT of money a stadium would be built by then!! In my dreams this would be the way it goes.. Loria has had enough because he cant get a stadium and sells the team.. To who??? The south florida man himself Mr. Bacardi! I can see it now... Bacardi field live in MIAMI, FL!
-
"Our lack of support forces Marlins' hand"
I dont know, i mightbe wrong but I heard Loria even lost money during the 03 season, even though we made the playoffs. Lies. I can see why Loria is frustrated, but chopping up the team is a big step backwards, not forwards. 2006 attendance will take a big hit if they put the Jupiter Hammerheads on the field. No Lies... Loria did indeed lose in the Millions in the 03' season... The funny this is Dan himself is a damn bandwagoner! I remeber reading an article of his in 03' when the fish were 10 under .500... Ripping them left and right saying this team was worthless... Then when we shocked the world the dumbass had the nerve to write "This team is the best florida has seen.. Ive seen this build up for years.." All this BS! SCREW DAN LA BASTARD! Guy is a MORON!
-
marlins mermaids
when asked a famous person they would want to be.. one of them said jack mckeon so they could call all the shots for the marlins and strut 2 the pitchers mound another said miguel cabrera because he is so young and set for life Ummm...... :blink:
-
Sox offer for Pierre COULD be...
Rowand and Marte for JP, I'll do it in a sec! All though I love my boy JP!! But hey buisness is buisness!
-
For everyone criticizing Loria/Beinfest
He invests in the team because people care about the Dolphins and they make him money. People don't care about the team (read: attendance sucks) thus, he didn't care. That crappy attendance is why we don't have a stadium and we're looking to trade our best players. The reason why we dont have a stadium is because the damn state doesnt want pinch a single penny... But they gae tons to Wayne!! Loria to me has been very honest about the stadium and out of any owner is the most content in trying to get one! I mean if we had a stadium none of this trading players would be happening... What team loses money in the same yr. they win the World Series?? Sure is hell aint the Red or White SOX! you expect Loria to pay for a contending team if he gets no money in return?? I wouldnt...
-
For everyone criticizing Loria/Beinfest
ill take anything to cheer me up regarding the Marlins pathetic offseason at this point. Dont count on the dolphins to cheer you up... yeah at least i know certain players will be back next year. and @ Rachel you phins hater :lol True... Lets not hope Ricky runs off again, because then the sports world in MIAMI would really be screwed up!!
-
For everyone criticizing Loria/Beinfest
DAMN DOLPHINS HAVING GOOD ATTENDANCE AND AN OWNER THAT INVESTS IN THE TEAM!!!!!!!!!! Yeaaaa REAL GOOD OWNER THAT F*CKED US OVER! The only reason why he invests his because he knows that if they go 0-17 he still going to make money from the satdium... Something the marlins cant do cause of HIM!
-
For everyone criticizing Loria/Beinfest
ill take anything to cheer me up regarding the Marlins pathetic offseason at this point. Dont count on the dolphins to cheer you up...
-
For everyone criticizing Loria/Beinfest
This really means SH!T to me to be honest! I mean im not critizing Loria nor Admin... You have to do what you have to do! I will still be at Dolphins stadium to see them play.. I think they are trying to get the best ppl back possible, which simply means if teams wont give in, then those teams are SCREWED!
-
Click here if you got tried of watching the Marlins the last couple of
I don't have a huge problem with a youth movement in 2006 involving MLB ready players with a look towards competing in 2007. Giving guys like Hermida, Willingham/Aguila, Vargas, Olsen/Johnson, and Resop larger roles in 2006 is fine with me. However, trading Beckett isn't necessary for this to happen. Took the WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH!!
-
PB Post: Beckett & Lowell about to be traded
Didnt really read every single post cause its soo long but Inn my opinion this deal doesnt make sense! It was said before we have miggy to play third and Josh is a start pitcher! RUMORS ARE RUMORS GUYS REMEMBER! Noting is offical
-
Pavano wants out of NYC
SCREW PAVANO!! OVER PAIDED PUNK!!
-
Marlins Moments
I went with Al's no Hitter! 11-0 vs the Colorado Rockies! And Duca's Homer gave me chills! Not that the others didnt but Lo ducas the MOST!
-
40 man roster
Marlins add four to 40-man roster MIAMI - The Florida Marlins today announced they have selected four players to their 40-man roster: RHP Allen Baxter, LHP Adam Bostick, RHP Jose Garcia, RHP Carlos Martinez. The announcement was made by Senior Vice President and General Manager Admin Beinfest. Baxter, 22, was the Marlins third-round pick in the 2001 June Draft. He split the 2005 season between Single-A Greensboro and Single-A Jupiter, going 1-3, 4.15 in 11 starts with Greensboro and 0-5, 7.15 in 12 games, 5 starts, with Jupiter. Bostick, 22, was the Marlins sixth-round selection in the 2001 June Draft. He began 2005 with Jupiter, going 4-5, 3.84 in 17 starts, before being promoted to double-A Carolina, where he was 4-3, 4.67 in nine starts. Garcia, 20, was signed by the Marlins as a non-drafted free agent in 2001 out of the Dominican Republic. He spent the majority of 2005 with Greensboro, going 3-0, 1.27 in five games, four starts. He also made one start each with the Gulf Coast Marlins and Jupiter, recording a no-decision in both. Martinez, 19, was signed by the Marlins as a non-drafted free agent in 2000 out of Venezuela. In 2005, he made 47 relief appearances with Jupiter, going 4-5, 3.12 with 22 saves. He also worked one inning with Carolina, registering a save, and two innings with triple-A Albuquerque. The Marlins 40-man roster now stands at 31 players. More information on the players involved in today's transactions is available on the team's official website, www.floridamarlins.com.
-
Marlins Free Agent Tracker
http://florida.marlins.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...jsp?teamAct=flo Nothing as of yet, but it'll be interesting as the offseason progresses. Dammit, we declined Alfonseca's option? :boo-woo Yea we did, but I am almost certain he will sign with us for less money... Probably 1 Mil.
-
Rumor: MLB to freeze team sales for a period
I hope this is true. Loria as owner will hurt us more as time passes. Ignorance is bliss. Jeffrey Loria has done more for the franchise than any previous owner and more than likely any future owner that keeps the team in Florida. He put money into the team, he put out a winning product every season he has been the owner. Open your eyes child and realize that no owner can make it work in Florida without a new stadium and the inherit revenue it brings. Be thankful for what he has tried to do and what he has done instead of badmouthing what should be his legacy when he does give up on the franchise in Florida eventually whether that be by selling it or by moving it to a place where the team can flourish in the way he has dedicated himself to have it be. THIS IS A STRONG POST!! You are totally right!! I dont understand why people are jumping on Loria's back for? This guy has done nothing but good for the marlins! What are you mad that he wants to cut payroll? His has been the most honest owner yet... I mean Henry was like "I dont have enough money to build a stadium" the following year he buys the red sox for 700 Million! THAT GUY IS AN ASSWHOLE and just wanted out! Loria likes to win and In my opinion is trying his hardest to not only keep a wining team on the field but to keep them in this city! Moneyball you hope its true?? This doesnt mean that Yea, there will be a rich owner coming to Miami to build us a stadium. This rumor is more like Yea, there is a BIG-TIME RICH owner waiting for the Marlins to come to Las Vegas!!
-
Ordonez to the Fish?
Why sign a guy that will be more expensive than Andino and Wilson combined and produce similar or (much more likely) worse results? There's no point even bringing him in. I mean, seriously. What's the point? Well number one he wont be more than Andino and Wilson combined! If he were to make the team he would be playing for league min. Second I dont know why everyone is talking about andino for??? The kid is not READY for the pros! I would want Ordonez anyday over Andino! He was late one very pitch last season! His attitude stinks, If he starts for us next season that would really SUCK!!
-
Lots of news out there this morning
My two cents says this: Im sick of all these rumors!! I mean I saw one say "Pierre traded to cubs!" and I have nothing about this deal being "done" since. Yea I know its cool to keep up with rumors involving your team but for us its not worth it! Sure we are trying to cut a little salary but WHO DIDNT KNOW THAT?? We do it EVERY YEAR!!! Last year "We need to cut salary" and we come out of nowhere and get Dlegado! To all the fish fans on this board stop reading this garbage and just wait till day one of the spring when our rosters are printed, Then we can all say on how good of bad our offseason was! I bet we still have are stud players! I mean sure there's talks but Delgado will still be a marlin next season and if hes not SO BE IT! If delgado gets traded will you not be a marlins fan anymore? OF COURSE NOT! We will still cheer on this team even if its filled with a bunch of kids! GO FISH!!!! :notworthy
-
Marlins Moments
I voted for Luis Streak!! I remember that like it was yesterday!! I was at every single game for that streak! I saw it end with Luis on deck and Lenny hit the game winning sack-fly and the whole team went over to Luis and gave him a hug!
-
Ordonez to the Fish?
He'll be a non-roster invite. I agree.. and I think he will make the team! Remember when easly was struggling and the marlins invited him! he turned out to be a GREAT Utility huh? I would give him a shot! Damn...I was thinkin Magglio for a second. I was thinking the same thing when I read that, although I dont know if I would want Magglio, seems to be injured quite often and has a hefty contract. no ordonez and no gonzo Then who do you want ralph? Good question! Who else is out there ralph?
-
Ordonez to the Fish?
Marlins: MLB.com learned they are talking to Rey Ordonez about a comeback, for defensive insurance at shortstop. Ordonez last played in the Majors in '04, for the Cubs, who released him that July when Alex Gonzalez became healthy again. A Miami resident, Ordonez will turn only 35 in January. He won three consecutive Gold Gloves with the Mets in the late '90s. What do you think?
-
Number three starter
Well first of all... Beckett I think will be are number 1 starter and Wills 2.. I think we sign someone for the 3rd slot... Vargas 4th and 5th Mohler (if resigned) Olsen or Johnson