Everything posted by anotherrealfan
-
Add the Herald to the boycott list?
Linda Robertson is a poor excuse for a writer and this is only the latest in a long string of moronic editorials. It boggles the mind that she has kept this job for so long. Then again, it's the Herald. Oh, and it's no secret that the Herald is going under and that they're laying off employees. Linda actually does her task very well. She is a master at avoiding the truth. Facts are simply playthings to be used or discarded as is her whim. Without morals of any kind she is able with a straight face tell South Florida the moon is made of green cheese or the PAC boondoggle was worth every penny even if teachers won't be hired to teach children without books. If like Jim Carrey in "Liar, Liar" Linda could only speak the truth she'd admit the Performing Arts Center, oh excuse me the "Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts" named for a do-gooder banker in Miami who coughed up $30 million to see her name enshrined on a public building because that's what people like do was a huge and financially crippling mistake from the start. One might ask where was Norman Braman when the PAC was built? Where was the moral outrage that so much would be spent on so few with the express goal of ridding that part of the city of anyone who can't afford one of his cars? Without checking the numbers, my guess is that more people will attend the Marlins/Phillies series this weekend than pay to see a performance at the almost always shuttered PAC in a year. So don't be confused. Linda knows what she is doing and she obeys her masters well. Trust me, when you hand Linda a knife she knows what to do with it. 03-You are so much more on the money than many people even realize about Linda. I never liked her, but to epitomize her elitist attitude, I clearly remember, and if ever challenged I would have to dig it up, an article she wrote after returning from her year up in New England to get-her PH D or some fellowship in journalism, whereby she began making comparisons to the people she met up there and the local S. Florida population. I remember being very angry at her derogatory remarks as to the make up of S. Florida. Made me wonder why she even came back to this, how to put it, melting pot of low lifes (her insinuation) instead of staying up there with the tweed suit leftists that make her feel whole. She is an embarrasment who makes statements as if they are facts, but has no support for them, she just makes them. She states "paying off the debt for the Arsht center has merit...building a stadium sticks out like a sore thumb". Where does she explain the merit or the basis of her argument. She doesn't. And the argument used that since previous projects have been overbudget etc is also without merit. Otherwise, should ANY and every project of local and county goverment be refused because of prior issues. Oversight should be vastly improved on all projects, but it is not a basis to no longer consider projects-or is it the projects that Linda or Norman just do not want.
-
We better have 30,000 on Friday against the Phillies
Wow 40 k for the sat game is awsome espcially cause its on fox. I hope its not all philly fans. Im trying to go to the sunday game. WOW! so the the guy who said 4o k was only off like 20 thousand big deal haha. originally it was 30,000 for the saturday game so they were only 4,000 off. not to bad. I said it cause a friend said they told him that on the phone. I also said he has been known to lie before. Anyone listen to fox-my daughter could not go on sat. with us but did say that the announcers were discussing attendance and one time said, "there may not be many people here, but they are loud". Look, 26,000 is not the best, but its ok-again, put 26000 in a 36000 seat baseball stadium and it looks good, put it in a 75000 seat football stadium and you get those comments. All I can say is OH WELL.
-
Jesus Delgado Called Up
I'm gonna guess Hendrickson for the start. oy
-
We better have 30,000 on Friday against the Phillies
Not helping is the story on the front page of today's Miami Herald. don't go overboard with 40k, 30k would be great. That story by Barry Jackson was a weak and superficial article. It has no depth and does not provide the unknowing with any balance of the situation. It's like Barry wrote the article as a Braman employee.
-
What is Samson's email?
Does anyone know? Oh, wow, I can't wait to see the responses.
-
We better have 30,000 on Friday against the Phillies
i doubt we will draw anything close to 30 on friday or 40 on saturday hopefully i am wrong I don't know-everyone here says they are going-
-
We better have 30,000 on Friday against the Phillies
Wow 40 k for the sat game is awsome espcially cause its on fox. I hope its not all philly fans. Im trying to go to the sunday game. Where did you get 40k?. That is what my friend TOLD ME he was told when he called for tickets, but he has been know to lie in the past. While 40 would be great, what will the country see, a half empty football stadium with empty orange all over the upper deck-leaving the impression that we always hear about. Just commenting-it is what it is.
-
We better have 30,000 on Friday against the Phillies
I'm broke, but I will try to get some tickets for tomorrow. I really do not see how this is true, but a friend of mine told me he called for Sat. tickets and that the game is expected to have over 40,000. Must be the fireworks that will go off while the sun is still up.
-
Marlins Interested in Pudge?
Marlins | Team inquired about I. Rodriguez Wed, 16 Jul 2008 07:29:24 -0700 The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports the Florida Marlins inquired about Detroit Tigers C Ivan Rodriguez, but they were told he's unavailable. He is unavailable until he becomes available, that is all that means. n1, genius unavailable means that he is not on the trade block Hey Einstein, it means, Nick Saban, "I am not going anywhere (until I do)", or for you TruCanes-maybe it means Butch Davis. It is not hard to understand what I meant by that. Just because a GM says something does not make it gospel. If you automatically believe that he will not be traded-well-good for you. he might be traded... anything is possible right now, he's not going anywhere OK, I go along with that. Go Canes. :cheers
-
Marlins Interested in Pudge?
Marlins | Team inquired about I. Rodriguez Wed, 16 Jul 2008 07:29:24 -0700 The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports the Florida Marlins inquired about Detroit Tigers C Ivan Rodriguez, but they were told he's unavailable. He is unavailable until he becomes available, that is all that means. n1, genius unavailable means that he is not on the trade block Hey Einstein, it means, Nick Saban, "I am not going anywhere (until I do)", or for you TruCanes-maybe it means Butch Davis. It is not hard to understand what I meant by that. Just because a GM says something does not make it gospel. If you automatically believe that he will not be traded-well-good for you.
-
I'm Sick and Tired of This
If the Marlins stadium deal is destroyed, blame Judge Cohen. It won't be her decision that does it, it will not end with her. She is an excellent Judge and even if she goes against what I would like, it won't change my opinion of her, nor would I be upset with her.
-
Marlins Interested in Pudge?
Marlins | Team inquired about I. Rodriguez Wed, 16 Jul 2008 07:29:24 -0700 The Miami Herald's Barry Jackson reports the Florida Marlins inquired about Detroit Tigers C Ivan Rodriguez, but they were told he's unavailable. He is unavailable until he becomes available, that is all that means.
-
Poor Dan
It doesn't matter that his errors didn't lose the game. He looked horribly defensively and offensively in the national stage when all baseball eyes were upon him. He knows it. This will, no doubt, bother him for weeks or months to come and may affect his play. He will only feel better when he once again shines on the field. I doubt Uggie will let it mess him up. Will it mess Wagner up-he was given 2 outs and was asked to only get one out and hold the lead. Uggs wont make excuses, but the ankle has to still hurt and the timing is not there. This was probably brought up earlier in the thread but forgive me-I jumped in on the last page only.
-
Mitre out for the season
Always wonder why it took so long to figure out-it just extends the rehab period. I know you dont want to go under the knife unless you absolutely have to. Doesnt it seem like most of the time when there is an elbow problem, even when the first prognosis is cautiously optimistic, it ends of being TJ. Speedy recovery Sergio.
-
Norman Braman Lawsuit Thread
source miamherald The county said it acted properly. County Finance Director Rachel Baum testified how the county's complex financial structure came together. Yet the presiding judge, Jeri Beth Cohen, asked: ``If I follow your logic, you would never have to have a referendum.'' Braman is suing Miami-Dade, Miami and the Florida Marlins for what he contends is the misuse of public funds. This concerns me A good judge will always make points, and it does not indicate how she is leaning. You see this at higher levels all the time-challenging statements made by witnesses. It is thought provoking but not a cause for concern.
-
Pro-Marlins Rally
This is interesting, I will be at both Friday and Sat. Somehow this needs to grow to more than just this board. Remember, there were 50,000+ per game screaming "we want baseball" at an exhibition series between the O's and Yankees prior to being awarded a team. Where are those people?
-
How Would Dallas McPherson/ Cameron Maybin Do in The Majors?
WOW-all things not being considered except for 234 strikeouts between them. That translates to a lot of men left on base, but as some would argue-no double plays. :cool
-
Re-Acquire Willis?
I love D-train-but hasn't he been just as bad as Hendrickson? I know, at least there is hope he could be what he was-whereas Hendrickson never sniffed excellence.
-
Andrew Miller Shirt
Anyone have the Andrew Miller shirt that was a giveaway? If so, are you willing to part with it, and for how much/what sort of baseball memorabilia? Let me know! :thumbup No, its mine and I had to fight for it. They gave me a large and then I saw the box with XL so I asked to exchange. Some gestapo employee starts yelling at me-"I am not giving you another one, we dont have enough". I said, I dont want another one, just exchange it. He said "no, no exchanges, now move on and leave". I was so flabbergasted, I didnt get his name or I would definitely complain about him. A moment later, another fan saw this and wanted to change his XL for a L, so it worked out. Just thought I would share about one of the fine employees-but they are not all that way. i was at that game people were attecking the employees that giving it alway my wife got push by other fans it was cazy it look like their giving money away that could why employees was not good mood There was no attacking going on. If you walk into a restaurant and act in an orderly manner, would you make excuses for an employee yelling at you because he had a problem with another customer before you? I don't accept having someone else's attitude taken out on me-otherwise, you can justify anything with "I was mad at someone else, so you should just excuse me for crapping on you".
-
Norman Braman Lawsuit Thread
As much as I like the Marlins, I have to ask: Is it justified for the county to pay $315+ million for a stadium, when there is a $284 million dollar deficit in the school system? It is not a matter of justification. If you were going to put up the value of our children, our elderly, our health care system, our police protection etc-then what would be more important than these things. Would a museum be more important than our kids? How about money spent to maintain roads- define necessary maintenance? How about maintaining all those median strips with plants and flowers-tell me the thousands of upon thousands spent to keep carnations growing is more important than our childrens education. I ranted, but the answer is that none of the money-regardless of the stadium-can be used for the schools. The balance of life in a community, and especially in a major city has many needs and other things that make it part of a growing and modern city. Many of those things are asthetic, but without attractions, clean and beautified streets, buildings and yes, arena's and stadiums and professional sports teams, then sooner or later people have other places to go and the people who live here would start complaining about how this is a dump of a city. They would compare other cities and point out how great it was to visit and see the sights of other cities. How they went to a ball game, saw a show etc etc and how they wish our city could have those things. No, the exploitation of our children, the politicising of these issues is part of the way opponents use these things to seem like they care about them and to drum up support-regardless how misleading and deceptive it is. Braman knows damn well that your kids and mine would not see a dime more if the stadium is not built.
-
Norman Braman Lawsuit Thread
It has to be considered that the Judge asked to parties to try to settle and the Braman side agreed. I do not think holding a public rally designed to emotionalize (is this a word?) the situation is acting in good faith to the Bench's request. It shows what a insincere piece of-fill in the word- Braman truly is. At least act like you have some decency. I said it in another post-you can hold true to your principles (regardless if you are full of crap) without being the biggest SOB in the world, unless you just want to be. I am so happy NORMAN that I did not buy car two weeks ago from you, but instead from your competitor-and don't think it was price that did it-I could have gotten the same deal from you-it was absolutely your position and attitude that made it impossible for me to give you one stinking penny out of my pocket.
-
Phillies looking into A.J. Burnett
5.23 ERA, 1.508 WHIP, leading the AL in walks. GO GET EM PHILS! Career line: 3.87 ERA, 1.29 WHIP, 8.22 K/9 He's a good pitcher who's having a rough year and could easily turn it around in the 2nd half. Electric "stuff" who is but barely above .500 career pitcher who gagged down the stretch when it counted for us. That said, he would be a good get for the fleas.
-
Andrew Miller Shirt
Anyone have the Andrew Miller shirt that was a giveaway? If so, are you willing to part with it, and for how much/what sort of baseball memorabilia? Let me know! :thumbup No, its mine and I had to fight for it. They gave me a large and then I saw the box with XL so I asked to exchange. Some gestapo employee starts yelling at me-"I am not giving you another one, we dont have enough". I said, I dont want another one, just exchange it. He said "no, no exchanges, now move on and leave". I was so flabbergasted, I didnt get his name or I would definitely complain about him. A moment later, another fan saw this and wanted to change his XL for a L, so it worked out. Just thought I would share about one of the fine employees-but they are not all that way.
-
Norman Braman Lawsuit Thread
The Marlins and the City and County should not settle anything with this idiot. Beat him in court so he will shut the heck up for good! Agreed. I think the only reason this idiot is going to court is to recieve a settlement. It is unlikely that this old fragile man would win in Floridas Supreme court. The county should keep bringing him to court so that he can keep paying court and lawyer fees. You do realize that the Marlins, city, and county also pay lawyer and court fees. Can the Marlins win the case? Absolutely, but the best case scenerio is a settlement. It puts this to rest quickly, and that is the most important thing right now. Your rite. But to the city and county the fees are basically microscopic, to the billionaire it is probably minimal as well. However, it would be interesting to watch him loose over a long period of time. On the other hand giving the man money is just as bad, but good so that everyone can move on. Now, I wonder if Braman is doing this and paying legal fees and not taking a tax deduction. To do so, this would need to be tied in to a business purpose, or the preservation of income producing property. But given his public stance of doing it for the community, the IRS may not fall for the business aspect. Oh well, who am I kidding, the lawyers will say they are not charging him and doing it as a gesture of goodwill for the community. Then they just tack it on to some business matters that he has ongoing-no one would know.
-
Norman Braman Lawsuit Thread
I just never considered that this was a matter that had "make a deal" to it. Usually there are claims from both sides which differ which provides the stimulus for compromise. Here, I thought that Braman wanted to stop this whole thing and force a vote. A deal will not provide for a vote-so Braman was just puffing, inhaling and getting high. I just have a hard time accepting Braman saying "This was all about doing the right thing for the community..."and blah blah blah-phony SOB and I say SOB from first hand knowledge-regardless of acknowledging his huge philanthropic contributions over the years. You can still do good things in life without being an SOB-that is a choice he made-to be one. But he is a car dealer after all.