Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CTMarlinsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by CTMarlinsfan

  1. you think the TV games has to do with the fact that MLBNetwork is broadcasting 3 games/day in ST?
  2. even if we had Alan Embree, would that be a good thing?
  3. and Luis Gonzalez is spelled Luis Gonzales come on
  4. I wasn't specifically speaking of the Marlins...I was talking about the Nationals, the Orioles, the Angels, the Cubs, mid to large market teams that are being made to look foolish
  5. while I'm glad Teixeria is not a Nat, seriously, the Yankees have to stop this, I really thing this is bad for the parody of the league.
  6. I always wish Miami had a new team. AFL is my favorite, as an NFL hater and a lover of indoor sports. I'm gonna miss it. Here's hoping it comes back in 2010
  7. Some of you took this a little too seriously. I wasn't bashing CTMarlinsFan...I was, sort of, being sarcastic, and apparently failed. I know it can't be easy to get insider info like this (although he did kinda imply it, but w/e)...I think it's cool that he got to be there; I would've loved to have that experience. I had no idea how tough, but ow much fun it would be!
  8. ok stop flaming me folks. I got in off a red eye last night and I am cranky. Here is the deal. I went to the Bellagio for 2 nights and I got to see a few GMs and players, media ect... We stayed at the Hilton, home of the minor league meetings, so any information I did end up getting would have probably already been posted. Plus, it's Vegas, so I kinda spent my time living it up a bit. In other news, my friend got a job!!! 2nd radio for the Daytona Cubs
  9. old news posted already...sorry dude
  10. I'm so pissed I didn't see him here at the Hilton today. I will keep an eye out at the casino
  11. Adam Everett signs with tigers.... Milton Bradley had lunch with Tampa Bay officials.... Phillies talking to twins about Delmon Young f*** I need to get my @$$ over to the Bellagio and not at this dirty boring Hilton!
  12. no real updates at this point in time folks...just a lot of milling around. I met Gonzo last night...missed Lou Pinella at a club by 20 minutes...and you never know who will be at the blackjack table
  13. enjoy! 99 cent Margarita's at Bills! If the bigwigs will be there, I'm in. I'm blowing a ton of money here to be with baseball bigshots...this is gonna sting the wallet for a while!
  14. I am actually job hunting...but if i get any dirt I will pass it along. I am here for the job fair...came out from Connecticut. and yes, I am an intern with 790 The Ticket, but that is not why I am here. I just had the opportunity to meet Manny Colon, player development assistant. Very nice guy and if he reads the forums, thanks for taking the time to talk to every one of us. It seems like everyone out here is either from Miami or goes to school there, so there was quite a line to talk to him. Oh, and he showed me his WS ring which is pretty sweet!
  15. Hey everyone! I am checking in from LAS VEGAS site of the 2008 Winter Meetings. I have already lost over $100, but I'm not here to gamble, so I'm going to stop while I'm behind. Over the course of the next 3 days (I have to leave town Wednesday night to attend to personal matters) I will be posting from the meetings in this thread. I will be reporting on general MLB and MiLB action here! Enjoy!
  16. Hey everyone! I am checking in from LAS VEGAS site of the 2008 Winter Meetings. I have already lost over $100, but I'm not here to gamble, so I'm going to stop while I'm behind. Over the course of the next 3 days (I have to leave town Wednesday night to attend to personal matters) I will be posting from the meetings in this thread. I will be reporting on Marlins acton here if I can find stuff out. Other stuff will be going in the general MLB section. Enjoy!
  17. the best part of the article is; although Gammons seems to have a bias towards the Marlins...he backs EVERYTHING up with FACT.
  18. values have been posted...so go ahead and post your teams: ACC: UNC 12 Big East: UConn 16 Big 12: Colorado 7 SEC: Georgia 8 PAC 10: Stanford 8 Big 10 Illinois 9 WC Quinnipiac 7 WC Liberty 8 WC Davidson 13 WC Drexel 6 WC Towson 6 My points as of current: ACC: UNC 2 Big East: UConn 2 Big 12: Colorado 1 SEC: Georgia 2 PAC 10: Stanford 2 Big 10 Illinois 2 WC Quinnipiac 2 WC Liberty 1 WC Davidson 2 WC Drexel 1 WC Towson 1 ---------------- 17
  19. last I heard it's a miracle he can even see still, if he can. I think its a career ender.
  20. We tried this in 06-07...didn't work in 07-08...let's see if it works 08-09 Rules You will select a roster of 11 schools, the total value of which cannot exceed $100. These 11 schools will comprise your roster for the entire college basketball season, which begins in November, 2006 and culminates with the NCAA Final Four and Championship Game in April, 2007. Once your roster has been submitted, there will be no dropping or adding of schools at any time. You must select at least one school from the following conferences: ACC BIG EAST BIG 10 BIG 12 PAC 10 SEC The additional five schools (wildcards) can be any NCAA Division I school (including as many as you wish from the above conferences.) Team Values Scoring The total score for each roster will consist of all points accumulated by the six "mandatory conference" schools as well as the top four "wildcard" schools. The lowest scoring "wildcard" will not be counted towards a roster's total score. Points are accumulated as follows: Regular Season * 1 point for each non-conference win (regular season) Games played prior to the start of this pool count in the scoring. (NIT preseason, Great Alaska Shootout, etc?) The only games that do not count are exhibitions (vs. Marathon Oil, the Australian National team, etc...) and the post-season NIT Tournament. * 2 points for each conference win (regular season) This is pretty self-explanatory. Occasionally, teams from the same conference will play each other in a "non-conference" game. In all cases, conference rules apply; that is, if the individual conference counts the game as a conference game, we will do the same. If they don?t count it in their official league standings, we?ll score it as a non-conference game. Championship Tournaments * 2 points for each conference tournament win * 5 points for winning the conference regular season (most conference wins) * 5 points for winning the conference tournament In the event of a tie for the regular season, each school involved in the tie will receive 5 points. The Ivy League does not hold a post-season tournament. If the title must be decided by a playoff, only the winner of the playoff will receive the 10 points. NCAA Tournament (The NIT post-season tournament games do not count) * 8 points for a number 1 seed in the tournament * 6 points for a seeding of 2 through 4 in the tournament * 4 points for a seeding of 5 through 8 in the tournament * 2 points for a seeding of 9 through 16 in the tournament * 2 points for a first round win * 4 points for a second round win * 6 points for a Sweet 16 win * 8 points for an Elite 8 win * 10 points for a Final Four win * 12 points for a Championship Game win If your interested, post your 11 team squad.... Wins accrued by the teams so far will count. I'll keep track of this and let's see who wins... ***NOTE THAT THE TEAM VALUES HAVE NOT BEEN UPDATED BUT WILL BE BY NOV 26. SO NOV 30 WILL BE THE DUE DATE FOR THE TEAMS*** IN THE MEAN TIME PLEASE POST IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE POOL. NO MONEY IS AT STAKE. JUST FOR FUN. YOU MUST STATE YOUR INTEREST BY FRIDAY!
  21. at least your school didn't have acts of hatred against 3 African American Freshman players...it's gonna be a LONGGGG year at Quinnipiac. oh, and our star recruit was arrested on opening day...and we're still 1-0
  22. this came through on Wednesday. didn't see it posted http://mlb.mlb.com/news/press_releases/pre...sp&c_id=mlb
  23. woo hoo! Goodbye jacka**
  24. at least your school didn't have acts of hatred against 3 African American Freshman players...it's gonna be a LONGGGG year at Quinnipiac.
  25. as bogus at this thread is...I have said since day 1 of the rumors...Manny is coming to the Marlins...mark my words.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.