Everything posted by bollostar
-
Lee Gardner optioned to AAA
Julio cannot be sent down because of waivers. That's why he should be waived. Let someone claim him, please that'd be great. uhhh...he wouldnt clear waivers Which part of "let someone claim him" did you not see in Admin's post?
-
Hanley
He's unquestionably our most "important" player offensively I don't see why that statement is unquestionable. I'd say Miggy is more important.
-
Cody Ross
For those who wondered why his final numbers last year (.212 BA, .680 OPS) differed from how he looked in games (good), here's a bit of info: Ross hit 10 of his 13 homers with runners on base. In fact, his OPS ballooned from .600 with the bases empty to .869 with runners on (124 ABs), .941 with RISP (71 ABs), and 1.152 with RISP and two outs (37 ABs). That's not exactly a small sample size with runners on. His hits usually had an immediate effect on the scoreboard, and THAT'S why he looked so much better in games than what his lousy final stat line of a .212 BA and .680 OPS suggests. Of course, today he's 1-2 with runners on, with a 2 run homer :thumbup
-
Marlins making it rain like Pacman Jones.
I thought this thread was going to be about the 18 runs we scored in the first two games... Relax guys, it's a cool puff piece. Smile and move on. I'd be right next to you if the Marlins were truly getting slighted, but that is just not the case in this instance. This is the most sensible response I've read in the whole thread. Just a cool and harmless little article for those who like that kinda stuff. And, about D-Train being married... you'd have to understand what type of relationship he has with his wife (which we don't). For instance, my girlfriend knows that I sometimes have to take foreign businessmen to "Gentlemen's Clubs." That doesn't mean I do anything unfaithful in there (I don't get any lap dances, or go to the champaign room) and she knows that. In Dontrelle's case, he was helping his teammates bond, and it doesn't mean at all that he was doing anything bad, and it also doesn't mean in the slightest bit that he was doing it behind his wife's back.
-
Stokes traded
The most noise Stokes has ever made here is as trade bait. Though there was a time we could have gotten a LOT more from him.
-
Amezaga or Andino
For lack of anything better to talk about, let's consider this scenario: Dan Uggla is actually a lot closer to being the .256 avg, .311 OBP, player he was in the second half of the season (or worse, the .630 OPS player he was in September), than he is to being the player that made us all hop onto his bandwagon during the first half of the season. After all, he was a Rule V pick and there isn't exactly a long history of success in such picks. I'm not saying I'm off the Uggla bandwagon, but it's always good to be prepared for any eventualities. That said, do you think we would start Amezaga or Andino at 2B this year if Uggla struggles for the first couple of months? I imagine he'll be given at least 2 months to right his ship in case he starts off slowly, but if he continues to struggle after that...
-
Marlins Pictures
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi.../content.1.html The second pic is pretty cool with Miggy and Dontrelle hanging out. In the fifth pic it looks like someone needs to give Olsen a uni that fits him a little better. Uggla making a play in the sixth pic is utter sweetness; ditto for Han-Ram in the following one. Dontrelle looks badass talking smack in pic 9. Pic 10 pretty much sums up Cody Ross' spring so far.
-
Marlins looking into Angel Pagan
It just seems like the Cubs are the only franchise that will do business with Admin Beinfest. Mets? Angels? Dodgers? Red Sox? Twins?
-
CF Frontrunner
The only thing depressing here is having another useless thread like this. Get used to it.....this team had 1 problem area in the offseason and did not address it. This isn't the last time we'll be talking about the CF problem. I find your explanation depressing. I find it depressing that instead of following other (better) threads, such as Ramp's, you show this need to make your own. I find it depressing that you had to make 4 of the first 6 posts on your thread to get it rolling. I find it depressing that you posted the same list twice, with exactly the same comments (and it wasn't even a double post) as if someone could have missed it the first time. Then again, I find a lot of things depressing when football season is over and baseball season hasn't started, so don't take this too personally.
-
Cabrera: Close with President Chavez? Chavista?
ummm who cares if he is Chavez is a communist...... Am sure it would piss off alot of people if it were true that our best player hangs out with a guy that is destroying there country and letting his people suffer..... Miggy has a right to believe in whatever he feels like. Your position is completely anti-free speech and anti-democratic. People with your attitudes are closer to being communists than you'd like to admit. I'd be very concerned if our boy turned out to be a big follower of that lunatic.
-
Becoming the Centerfielder 'O Meter
I didn't misread anything The original poster wanted to know how Sanchez stole 2 bases when his OBP was .200 in 5 ABs (1 time on base). She answered that Sanchez was able to reach base one additional time through a fielder's choice, implying that that's how he was able to steal 2 bases. Your answer was not related to the question. You misread.
-
Becoming the Centerfielder 'O Meter
- The one thing I want to know the most about Gonzalez
All I'm saying is, I'm interested in knowing how Gonzalez will react once one of the young guys starts drinking too much of his own kool aid. Having your doubts about a guy who has been a 3 time minor league manager of the year and has a team full of minor leaguers before he even gets a chance is pretty silly if you ask me! then again, a bunch of us dislike a probably NL Manager of the Year How many guys have won the Manager of the Year title and then gone on to prove they stink? Seems to happen all the time. From what I've heard Gonzalez prefers to give his players time outs rather than spanking them. Hmm. This is the closest thing to the kind of answer I was looking for. Thanks. He doesn't need to be, he'll fit in just like one of the guys. Being liked and being respected is not exactly the same thing. Fitting in like one of the guys doesn't mean they'll listen to you. Respect makes people listen. I don't condone gaining respect through fear (that's not real respect), but you have to have a certain toughness.- The one thing I want to know the most about Gonzalez
So far I've heard nothing but good things about our new skipper, but then again, that's always the case when someone is hired for his first managerial job. It's only after a guy actually starts working that people start talking about his faults. And one thing that worries me is that nobody (to my knowledge, anyway) has talked about his disciplinary habits. We all know that Joe was a big disciplinarian. To my belief, that was a big reason why he was so successful with a young club. Actually, I think discipline works with clubs of all ages, but its importance is enhanced when you have to manage kids. I'm having my doubts about Gonzalez. He seems to be too much of a nice guy. It doesn't help that he's from the John Boles school. Think back to the Scott Olsen incident. Does Gonzalez have the balls to take an absent minded player and get him on track? I'm not saying that Gonzalez has to be as rough as Joey Pitbull was, but does he have the balls to be the man in charge? They say Gonzalez is a pretty smart guy. Maybe he'll manage games better than Girardi (that was my only complaint with him, and a big one it was, though he did get better as the season went along). But Girardi's success was more closely tied with the attitude he instilled on the team. Hopefully Gonzalez has some of that as well.- ESPN Page 2 story on the Fish
Great article? All he did was rant about how bad he thought we were going to be. He says he sees now he was wrong, but doesn't provide analysis or insight of ANY sort.- Today's Pitching...
At this point keep rooting for SD....they are closer to us in the standings. By your logic of them being closer in the standings, you mean we should be rooting for SD to lose, right?- Johnson to miss next start
at least williams is starting. Who might that be?- How did YOU influence (or avoided influencing) karma tonight?
I really didn't do anything spectacular other than carrying my dog from the moment I saw the no-hitter going (for the last 4 innings; nearly got pooed on), not going to the bathroom (nearly pooed myself), and chain-smoking 'til the final out (glad me and the dog are still alive). Oh, and I sold my soul to a few gods, but they got fleeced because I had already sold it to the devil in 2003. Hopefully they won't find out until after October. I'm pretty sure some of you did more interesting things. So spill it out! It worked, right? So maybe you should share it so we can all of us do it next time and alter history with our massive karma skills.- 9/5, 7:05 PM - Arizona( 64-73) vs Marlins(69-68)
(psst... the game is at 7:05)- The Stretch Run.
Forth, and fear no darkness! Death! DEATH!!! *rides forth maniacally*- Wood Tops List of 'Topes Call-Ups
I think Reed was called up strictly as a pinch-runner. Count me as one of those surprised that we didn't call up a pitcher.- No More Pushovers...
Well, it was nice beating up on the Brewers, but, after this Arizona series, things are about to start looking real tough for us. We're looking at 10 games against the Phillies, 7 against the Mets, 3 against the Braves, and 3 against Cinci. That's 20 games against playoff caliber teams, and the 3 in Atlanta aren't exactly a cakewalk. On the bright side, 7 of the 10 games against the Phils are in Florida, as well as the 3 games against the Reds. It's going to be a tough climb. I'm more than ready to see it all unfold, though :hat- Marlins on Cold Pizza- Now (ESPN2)
Could somebody post a quick summary for those of us who can't watch?- You know you are a Florida Marlins fan when...
... when you stop speaking to your best friend for a day because he wore your Willis shirt without permission. And then don't speak to him the next day either when you notice a *stain* on it. ... when you go out to party but can't understand what anybody is saying because you're running and re-running wild-card scenarios in your head. ... when you cringe whenever "5 game sweep" and "Philadelphia Phillies" are mentioned in the same sentence. ... when you argue vehemently that Bartman had nearly nothing to do with anything, that it was the TEAM that came through. ... when you know who Orestes Destrade is and are not particularly happy that you know. When you need money so you sell all you have and call it a fire sale Actually that?d be a market correction. :plain- How would you rank Miggy?
the best 3B in baseball, easy. david wright will give him a lot of competition though, I know you guys don't like him so that automatically means he sucks, but he's a hell of a plyer Are Wright defenders just plain blind? Nobody here has said anything along the lines of "Wright's A Mutt He sukks." Yet we keep being accused of blind homerism. Stats have been provided to put Wright's "A+ defense" (as was described by a Wright defender) to the question. It has been proven to a reasonable degree that Wright is not all he is hyped up to be defensively, with Cabs being at least comparable (if not superior) with the glove. Given that, and the fact that Miguel kills him offensively (even with Beltran and Delgado protecting Wright), brings us to the conclusion that Miggy is flat out the better player right now. You Wright defenders should just read the posts presented in front of your noses instead of just thinking "Of course they'll say Wright sukks" and dismissing all arguments. It makes you all look pathetic. Typical fanatic comments, I am also a Miguel Cabrera fan, but I am not blind. The reason for the amount of errors on certain players is because some players such as Edgar Renteria, Scott Rolen, Mike Lowell, David Wright, go after every ball hit to them, meaning they have a higher risk of a getting an error called against them. You can work with your stats all you want, I don't believe in stats, I believe in what I see, so my point stands, take it as you want. I am a fan, but I know where to draw a line on reality. Do stats count when Barry Bonds is having a sloppy year and stands in the plate and pitchers automatically are scared of him, compared to a hitter having a career year and they end up pitching the ball at them. Everyday in baseball is a new day, averages are just numbers. I am sure most of those errors counted against these guys were cause they lunged after the ball and got caught with the error :whistle Classic loser response when he is beaten by cold hard facts. - The one thing I want to know the most about Gonzalez