Everything posted by hanley2
-
Wanted: Fredi. Charged with committing Lineup Fiasco in the 1st Degree
2007 performance based off of rhp and, for the most part, non-soft tossing pitchers. 2007 performance based off of patience at the plate, quality of at bat, etc regardless of the pitcher except that kinda matters i don't think olivo has ever shown those qualities against anybody. when he does well, its on the 1st or 2nd pitch. it doesn't matter... he OWNS lefthanders what don't you understand about that that is most definitely an overstatement. thats what i dont understand.
-
Wanted: Fredi. Charged with committing Lineup Fiasco in the 1st Degree
2007 performance based off of rhp and, for the most part, non-soft tossing pitchers. 2007 performance based off of patience at the plate, quality of at bat, etc regardless of the pitcher except that kinda matters i don't think olivo has ever shown those qualities against anybody. when he does well, its on the 1st or 2nd pitch.
-
Wanted: Fredi. Charged with committing Lineup Fiasco in the 1st Degree
...
-
Wanted: Fredi. Charged with committing Lineup Fiasco in the 1st Degree
2007 performance based off of rhp and, for the most part, non-soft tossing pitchers. 2007 performance based off of patience at the plate, quality of at bat, etc regardless of the pitcher
- Borchard DFA, De Aza up
-
Wanted: Fredi. Charged with committing Lineup Fiasco in the 1st Degree
but it's miguel olivo. So players should be positioned in their lineup based off reputation rather then the numbers they put up? the reputation he has created because of his 2007 performance. yes.
-
Wanted: Fredi. Charged with committing Lineup Fiasco in the 1st Degree
but it's miguel olivo. hitting cleanup?!?!?!?!?!?!?! all you need to have done is watch the guy and you would know that's silly.
-
Wanted: Fredi. Charged with committing Lineup Fiasco in the 1st Degree
Moyer owns us. Any lineup was fine tonight because we don't stand a chance against him and so may i assume you are not concerned about fredi's brain?
-
Wanted: Fredi. Charged with committing Lineup Fiasco in the 1st Degree
I am aware that RVH's whip tonight was approximately 4.3, and that Olivo was 2/4 (though really 1/4, thank you danny). But I really want to hear everybody's thoughts concerning the mind of Fredi tonight. And even further, I seek those out there who are not disturbed one bit by the lineup Fredi concocted tonight. I'm thinking he basically sat down wherever this afternoon and scribbled in his lineup on a napkin he had just used to blow his nose. I understand what Jamie Moyer does to this team. I joke around with my friends all the time about how the Fish make him look like Cy Young. I get Olivo's career numbers against him and that nobody else hits Moyer well anyway. I get that in the joke of a ballpark they call that place, Olivo may have the best chance, of the candidates to hit 4th, to hit a 2b or hr. maybe. But I really don't see how Fredi can actually do this in a real MLB game against a division opponent on the road. I guess Fredi refuses to change Hanley, Danny, Miggy. And once you've gone down that narrow-minded road, without Hammer, and Ross 1/11 against Moyer, you get Miguel Olivo hitting .230 and cleanup. Does anyone think he even contemplated, say, hitting Hermida higher, maybe 2nd. I know, haha, just kidding. but I would take Wood, Ross with his 1/11, or Linden way ahead of Olivo. Fredi was basically holding his breath that Olivo would get some kind of meatball like he has 10 times previously this year. Remember what happened when you hit him 6th in Arizona? I wonder what he really thinks about when he's "Thinking about a lot of stuff." After tonight, all of his cognitive decisions should be recorded for The Chosen One and Mikey Hill to observe around the clock. The silliness Fredi executed tonight makes me worry about his brain. If it does not make you worry at all, not one bit, please explain why. At this point, Fredi hasn't shown he's got the balls or the brains to be a successful manager. But I know he will be the manager next year and probably through 2009, at least. So I really hope he gains a lot of knowledge from his first year and improves greatly. I remain a loyal fan of his as I did to the immortal idiot Wannstache.
-
Hanleys HR/SB numbers
Whatever he gets, the man is incredible. love the batting race artistic creativity. wonderful. i love how you keep 'em coming. awesome.
-
8/7 - Florida Marlins @ Philadelphia Phillies
ridiculous. that was so obviously gonna happen. just like in the dbacks series when he was moved up in the order. this is crazy.
-
Tuesday Specials!
i mean this is utter silliness. fredi kids the fanbase.
-
Todays Notes and Rumors.
Maybe I'm reading into things, but between comments like this and the success he's had handling pitchers, I feel that Treanor has been a voice of leadership this year. I don't want him going anywhere next year. Young teams need players like him. totally agree. he is one of our "veteran" leaders. wes helms was great in that role last year.
-
Aaron Boone
there aren't going to be many teams after him. he proved that he's not dependable. and even if their are, they'll be offering close to nothing
-
Alejandro De Aza update
wow, he hit a bomb. get this guy up here already. LOL Hoping that was sarcasm. Dingers aren't really his thing. At least not from what I have seen. More like a Castillo type offensive player. Good plate presence, works the counts well, gets on base and creates havoc with some very fine base running skills. well, sort of. i'm aware that's not his style of play but its still good. he's been hitting and we should see him soon.
-
Todays Notes and Rumors.
hanley is not moving
-
Tom Glavine is going for his 300th win tonight
congrats tommy boy
-
Alejandro De Aza update
wow, he hit a bomb. get this guy up here already.
-
Game Thoughts 8/05
good to win a series at home before going to philly
-
Trade Rumours are loud about Olivo now
being dependable defensively is most important
-
Trade Rumours are loud about Olivo now
and if that one link is all there is, i don't see how the trade rumors are loud about him now. he's garbage and we're gonna be stuck with him.
-
Trade Rumours are loud about Olivo now
i bet olivo has already passed through waivers. why would anyone want to add a loser to their team? maybe there's a handful of teams where he could compete for the starting job. but he hits .230 and is way below average defensively.
-
Florida Marlins vs. Houston Astros 8/05 1:05
CODY ROSS CODY ROSS CODY ROSS
-
Who will join our rotation on Saturday against the Mets?
my guess is barone
-
Game thoughts 8/4
BTW, I know we won and everything, but anyone else think it was weird that Fredi put Woody in for Hammer in LF when Jake was at 1B and 0-19? yes, fredi being fredi. he's been thinking about a lot of stuff.