Alejandro De Aza update

Ramp

He did technically win the job in spring training, did he not? And he was hitting pretty well before injured. I wonder what they will do with him once he's ready.

Borchard or Linden will go away. Hopefully forever.

I think (or what I would rather see) is De Aza go back to AA and finish the year there

unless named the everyday starting CF with the big club

He needs to earn his spot back up here

I agree in essence with what you all are saying, however if he weren't to come back as the starter it sets a bad precedent. Other guys on the team would believe that there position was not safe if they became injured and you would see alot more serious injuries b/c some players would be too scared to speak up about a nagging one. Now, I know that some of you would say that that is ridiculous for most players on this team to think but then if you do that for some and not for others then the favoritism card is played. Anyway you slice it, you have to give the guy a crack at the position he won out Spring Training and give him the opportunity to fail and show that he needs to be sent down.

I agree in essence with what you all are saying, however if he weren't to come back as the starter it sets a bad precedent. Other guys on the team would believe that there position was not safe if they became injured and you would see alot more serious injuries b/c some players would be too scared to speak up about a nagging one. Now, I know that some of you would say that that is ridiculous for most players on this team to think but then if you do that for some and not for others then the favoritism card is played. Anyway you slice it, you have to give the guy a crack at the position he won out Spring Training and give him the opportunity to fail and show that he needs to be sent down.

set that precedent then

it's not like De Aza has this pedigree in the majors or the minors that he can fall back on

he had a nice ST and a nice 15 at bats to his major league career

he deserves nothing and needs to earn it back

He did technically win the job in spring training, did he not? And he was hitting pretty well before injured. I wonder what they will do with him once he's ready.

Borchard or Linden will go away. Hopefully forever.

I think (or what I would rather see) is De Aza go back to AA and finish the year there

unless named the everyday starting CF with the big club

He needs to earn his spot back up here

I can appreciate what Amezaga has done in relief but once De Aza is 100%, he should be the starter.