Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alejandro De Aza update

Featured Replies

He did technically win the job in spring training, did he not? And he was hitting pretty well before injured. I wonder what they will do with him once he's ready.

He did technically win the job in spring training, did he not? And he was hitting pretty well before injured. I wonder what they will do with him once he's ready.

Borchard or Linden will go away. Hopefully forever.

  • Author

He did technically win the job in spring training, did he not? And he was hitting pretty well before injured. I wonder what they will do with him once he's ready.

Borchard or Linden will go away. Hopefully forever.

I think (or what I would rather see) is De Aza go back to AA and finish the year there

 

unless named the everyday starting CF with the big club

 

He needs to earn his spot back up here

He's missed a lot of time and doesn't have much experience, so either way he'll be in the minors for awhile.

good to hear, he should finish the year in the minors, get his at bats and keep improving for 08

He did technically win the job in spring training, did he not? And he was hitting pretty well before injured. I wonder what they will do with him once he's ready.

Borchard or Linden will go away. Hopefully forever.

I say let both go and bring back Carroll to go with DeAza.

Like everyone else who won a starting spot in spring training, he'll be the "starter" until he loses the job. I expect him to be the full-time CF once he rehabs.

I agree with Ramp at least philosophically although if the guy goes to AA and blows it up showing he definitely doesn't belong there I'm sure we could clear roster space to get a real definitive look at him in the closing months of the MLB season.

I agree in essence with what you all are saying, however if he weren't to come back as the starter it sets a bad precedent. Other guys on the team would believe that there position was not safe if they became injured and you would see alot more serious injuries b/c some players would be too scared to speak up about a nagging one. Now, I know that some of you would say that that is ridiculous for most players on this team to think but then if you do that for some and not for others then the favoritism card is played. Anyway you slice it, you have to give the guy a crack at the position he won out Spring Training and give him the opportunity to fail and show that he needs to be sent down.

Like everyone else who won a starting spot in spring training, he'll be the "starter" until he loses the job. I expect him to be the full-time CF once he rehabs.

Or unless someone stepped in and knocked the door down. Lou Gehrig anyone?

  • Author

I agree in essence with what you all are saying, however if he weren't to come back as the starter it sets a bad precedent. Other guys on the team would believe that there position was not safe if they became injured and you would see alot more serious injuries b/c some players would be too scared to speak up about a nagging one. Now, I know that some of you would say that that is ridiculous for most players on this team to think but then if you do that for some and not for others then the favoritism card is played. Anyway you slice it, you have to give the guy a crack at the position he won out Spring Training and give him the opportunity to fail and show that he needs to be sent down.

set that precedent then

 

it's not like De Aza has this pedigree in the majors or the minors that he can fall back on

 

he had a nice ST and a nice 15 at bats to his major league career

 

he deserves nothing and needs to earn it back

He did technically win the job in spring training, did he not? And he was hitting pretty well before injured. I wonder what they will do with him once he's ready.

Borchard or Linden will go away. Hopefully forever.

I think (or what I would rather see) is De Aza go back to AA and finish the year there

 

unless named the everyday starting CF with the big club

 

He needs to earn his spot back up here

I can appreciate what Amezaga has done in relief but once De Aza is 100%, he should be the starter.

he deserves nothing and needs to earn it back

 

he already earned his way. why make him earn it twice? now, if he kind of sucks in his A and AA rehab, then that's a different matter.

Good info, but I'll pass... Keep Cody out there

 

seriously.he has to earn it back (through the minors) ... 15 ab's and 3 months of injury

 

 

im sure we'll see him up once the roster expands at the end of the year

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.