2-Castillo (2B)

3-Lo Duca ©

4-Lowell (3B)

5-Cabrera (LF)

6-Conine (1B)

7-Encarnacion (RF)

8-Alex Gonzalez (SS)

9-pitcher

or if like rumors state, Admin Walker heads to the fish for ENC and two prospects...

1-Pierre (CF)

2-Castillo (2B)

3-Walker (RF)

4-Lowell (3B)

5-Cabrera (LF)

6-Lo Duca ©

7-Conine (1B)

8-Gonzalez (SS)

9-pitcher

LOVE THAT LINEUP! But I doubt it'll go down since we still need to make a trade for a Starting pitcher like Derek Lowe and/or Jose Contreras. What do you guys think shall happen in the remaining hours? Have we addressed most of our needs? Feel free to state your opinion........

I don't think Jack is going to use LoDuca that high.

Pierre

Castillo

Cabrera

Lowell

Conine

LoDuca

Encarnacion

Gonzalez

is what we'll see tomorrow. Maybe switch Conine and LoDuca, or Miggy given a day off.

I still like the idea of splitting up the two leadoff men to supply some spark throughout the the lineup but I don't think it works too well after the trade. Conine and LoDuca might be adequate batting 2nd, but they don't have decent enough speed to make it work. Encarnacion would be solid in that role if he every learned to get on base more often.

Unless we get Walker (whose acquisition I'm not a fan of) I think we're stuck with a lineup that produces only if 3 of the top 4 are hitting well on the same day.

I'm personally not sold on Walker, I think it will hurt more than help.

But w/e

485921[/snapback]

me neither.

I posted this in another thread.

I'm still not sold on going after walker, it's a lose-lose situation for us. Either the Rockies don't pay off a lot of Walker's contract and we don't have to give up a lot of prospects but we're screwed this offseason. Or they payoff most of Walker's contract and the rockies pillage our farm system.

Guest Juanky

wow Juanky, i didnt know Mota was an ambidextrous pitcher... impressive.

485933[/snapback]

He did some santeria and it worked out for him

Apparently, Cabs is moving to 1B, so:

Pierre CF

Castillo 2B

Lo Duca C

Lowell 3B

Cabs 1B

Conine LF

Enc RF

Gonzalez SS

If Walker

Pierre CF

Castillo 2B

Lo Duca C

Lowell 3B

Cabs 1B

Walker RF

Conine LF

Gonzalez SS

All I know is love either one and Mota's House of Pain PWNS.

Apparently, Cabs is moving to 1B, so:

486090[/snapback]

Dramatic and interesting statement. Your own genius or did you hear that elsewhere?

I don't see an experiment like that so late in the Season. But, though it's a shame to waste a good arm at 1B, I wouldn't be surprised to see it next year.

Right now we have a quality, experienced 1B in Conine.

huggy cabs moving to first ??? What a waste of an arm

i agree with both lineups, wlaker or not.Its an upgrade no matter which way you look. I honstley belive, not cuase im a marlins fan, that both are world series lineups. and with the simple adition of mota our BP looks stacked on paper, dont be surprised to see the Real Billy Koch.

Dramatic and interesting statement.? Your own genius or did you hear that elsewhere?

486091[/snapback]

1st Article"With Encarnacion's return, Miguel Cabrera could move either to left field or replace Choi at first base."

or

2nd Article

"And they will be better defensively with Encarnacion moving back home to right field, enabling Miguel Cabrera, a natural infielder, to begin his education at first base." (Both articles at floridamarlins.com)

If memory serves correctly I saw Cabrera taking grounders in the infield when I was there in Montreal, so this could be a possibility...

Dramatic and interesting statement.? Your own genius or did you hear that elsewhere?

486091[/snapback]

1st Article"With Encarnacion's return, Miguel Cabrera could move either to left field or replace Choi at first base."

or

2nd Article

"And they will be better defensively with Encarnacion moving back home to right field, enabling Miguel Cabrera, a natural infielder, to begin his education at first base." (Both articles at floridamarlins.com)

If memory serves correctly I saw Cabrera taking grounders in the infield when I was there in Montreal, so this could be a possibility...

486103[/snapback]

Good posting and cites. Thank you. I didn't challenge Miggy at 1st, just such a late season experiment when Conine is available at 1B.

That is so stupid. It's boggling. Poor Miguel. For gods sake, you can't just stick people wherever and expect them to immediately learn. The same problems we had in RF will now be at first base, which could be even more costly.

We HAVE a good 1b in Conine.. Miguel is more comfortable with the left side of the field due to 3b/SS.. why mess with that? Ugh

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.