Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Small, Kensing, Cordero to be added to roster

Featured Replies

Didnt expect that. Donno bout the doubleheader tho. But most of our pitchers got good stuff, theyll bring it home. Im looking forward to the game when Kensing pitches, pretty sure McKeon is positive about his stuff.

545480[/snapback]

McKeon does not make roster moves...

 

I doubt he's ever seen Kensing pitch.

Hopefully he doesnt pull a Joe Fontenot where he can't get anyone out in his first start (vs Atlanta Braves). I have a feeling though that Mr. Kensing will come through in a big way :thumbup

 

Edit: Come to think of it maybe that wasnt Fontenots first start.

someone's gotta take the hit

 

 

guess kensing will be the poor soul ... good luck kiddo

 

and I still think they should bring up another arm ... possibly Grasequi, just because he's a lefty

some info on Kensing for those who dont have a clue who he is

 

he throws a heavy 9-94mph sinker with "tremendous boring action" out of a 3/4 slot

 

his slider is sometimes a + pitch but other times is just hangs

 

he has "Matt Clement-like" movement, has good leadership qualities

545364[/snapback]

 

 

Agree :thumbup I like him more to a B.Webb of the D-backs.

Didnt expect that. Donno bout the doubleheader tho. But most of our pitchers got? good stuff, theyll bring it home. Im looking forward to the game when Kensing pitches, pretty sure McKeon is positive about his stuff.

545480[/snapback]

McKeon does not make roster moves...

 

I doubt he's ever seen Kensing pitch.

545497[/snapback]

 

Your right I believe the guy they really wanted was Hutchinson

Interesting bringing up Kensing....especially in the tight race we're in. Do we really have that few arms at AA (I know there's no one at AAA).

Interesting bringing up Kensing....especially in the tight race we're in. Do we really have that few arms at AA (I know there's no one at AAA).

545620[/snapback]

 

It would appear so.

So we are throwing Valdez and Kelsing at the Cubs? I don't like it.

then again Mckean Made the Chose of choosing the SP for the NL All Stars to be Roger Clemons and look what happened there

then again Mckean Made the Chose of choosing the SP for the NL All Stars to be Roger Clemons and look what happened there

545667[/snapback]

what are you talking about?

  • Author

then again Mckean Made the Chose of choosing the SP for the NL All Stars to be Roger Clemons and look what happened there

545667[/snapback]

 

So Mckeon Was Supposed To Know That Roger Clemens Would Have An Off Night?

I think Scott Olsen would have been a better choice than Kensing.

545894[/snapback]

well Kensing is more "mature" and did play in college so they probably feel is ready

I think Scott Olsen would have been a better choice than Kensing.

545894[/snapback]

Olsen is probably more talented than Kensing, but Olsen is more raw than Kensing. Better chance of Kensing being able to have success right now than Olsen.

Agree :thumbup I like him more to a B.Webb of the D-backs.

545612[/snapback]

 

 

thats a bold statement

 

I would take on Webb and his 2-27 record anyday ... solely based on talent

 

 

 

 

 

and his sinker :whistle

I'm fine with Kensing.

Still its strange they call up an A ball pitcher. What about guys like alvarez, olsen, or maybe even bump again.

547028[/snapback]

 

Why call up someone you know that sucks?

 

They are trying to catch lightening in a bottle with Logan.

 

:thumbup

I know it's pointless, but why not throw Kensing against the Mets.

 

I trust in Beinfest and McKeon, but I know I'd feel a hell of a lot more comfortable if we threw Kensing tonight and saved Beckett for Friday so we'd have Pavano and Josh going back to back.

 

It's gonna be a fun weekend though...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.