A few changes I'd like to see....

Stag5

1. Move Cabrera to RF for goodness sake. I don't remember him looking so bad and so lost in RF.

2. Move LoDuca to the 2nd spot in the order and Castillo to #8. For now it will get more production at the top and move Gonzalez closer to the action while he has a hot bat.

3. It is that time again...Bill Robinson must go. No, not because the team is not hitting but because Mike Lowell insists on trying to pull everything and is popping up those outside pitches every game....because Luis Castillo who can work a count as well as anyone still has not mastered working the count in his favor. You work counts to 2-1 or 3-1 and you be ready to hack...he takes them to 3-2 constantly. When Mike Lowell did not move Delgado to 3B with 0 outs, that was unacceptable. Popping it up meant he was looking to pull the ball....that leads back to Bill Robinson and his inability or refusal to teach players about working counts, hitting counts and using the entire field to hit the ball.

This is not a whole lot of bitching because the Marlins are down. But they are definite holes that are affect the team at this point.

8th inning...yet another Lowell popup.? Someone needs to get in his head and get him back to taking the ball the other way when its low and/or outside....

738632[/snapback]

This lack of hitting and lack of discipline at the plate is starting to be pretty alarming. No way should this team be struggling to score runs like they are. I know it's early and I know we've had two 9-run games but those 18 runs have all come in the span of like 4 innings. That is not Marlins baseball. I've never been one to bash Bill Robinson, but something's gotta be done or changes need to be made. The season is barely a week old and I've alread broken one cell phone and one remote.

8th inning...yet another Lowell popup. Someone needs to get in his head and get him back to taking the ball the other way when its low and/or outside....

738632[/snapback]

Popups aren't cause by people trying to pull outside pitches... they're caused by getting under the ball. :plain

8th inning...yet another Lowell popup.? Someone needs to get in his head and get him back to taking the ball the other way when its low and/or outside....

738632[/snapback]

This lack of hitting and lack of discipline at the plate is starting to be pretty alarming. 738778[/snapback]

Other than tonight, I thought our plate discipline has been pretty well- I've liked our BB/K ratio at the plate thus far.

Start Conine over Encarnacion

make a radical change to the lineup.. do something like

pierre

loduca

lowell

delgado

cabrera

castillo

conine

738814[/snapback]

My radical change:

Castillo (to see if batting leadoff gets him out of his funk)

Pierre

LoDuca

Delgado

Cabrera

Lowell

Encarnacion

Gonzalez

Pitcher

Or, Drop Pierre to 8th, and move everyone else up letting LoDuca hit second and Delgado 3rd. Either way, Delgado and LoDuca are the only ones who when they come up to bat, I have consistant faith in; Cabrera's really struggling so far, and Lowell looked lost tonight.

Either way, the fact that we're pushing Beckett's start ahead one day to Friday and skipping the #5 starter (thanks to the off-day) tells me that McKeon is really playing with a sense of urgency now. I'd expect a lineup change tomorrow.

Also, at what point do we send Luis to the bench? He's one of my personal fav's, but as was shown with Conine, it's production over loyalty...

Luiy will break out of it.

If you look at his effort on defense you can tell he's busting his a**. Known as hustling to every play when it goes right and trying to do too much when it results in an error. He knows JP isn't 100% and he's putting too much pressure on himself to replace his production.

Primo, and why do you think players get 'under' the ball? When you attempt to hit a pitch that is low and/or outside of your range and your weight is balanced the same as any other pitch your swing will not fully develop....thus you will get under the ball.

When players take the ball the other way they stay back on the pitch...Lowell is not doing that.

Don't trust my words...take a look at the pitches he is swinging at. When he hits an outside pitch is he upright and on top of the pitch or is he slouched over, butt pointed out and taking a very weak swing (thus your getting under the pitch?)

8th inning...yet another Lowell popup. Someone needs to get in his head and get him back to taking the ball the other way when its low and/or outside....

738632[/snapback]

Popups aren't cause by people trying to pull outside pitches... they're caused by getting under the ball. :plain

738857[/snapback]

Guest Juanky

I'm not overly worried about luis yet. As long as he shows the pure effort out there, we know he will find some way to start busting out of that little slump. Why is nobody talking about Sea Bass though? He is doing a decent job at the dish.

739079[/snapback]

He's doing solid at the dish and he's taken the defense on his back, even moreso than usual.