My source says theres a deal

I have a friend who works in the Oriole warehouse and he is telling me that adeal has been agreed on. Burnett and the Orioles have agreed on an extension and the deal will be finalized in the morning. He says it works out like this...

Orioles get

AJ Burnett

Mike Lowell

Eric Reed

Matt Perisho

Marlins get

Hayden Penn

Admin Bigbie

Jorge Julio

Steve Reed

Steve Kline

He said he isnt sure but he think the Marlins will pay $7 million on Lowell's contract.

I have a friend who works in the Oriole warehouse and he is telling me that adeal has been agreed on. Burnett and the Orioles have agreed on an extension and the deal will be finalized in the morning. He says it works out like this...

Orioles get

AJ Burnett

Mike Lowell

Eric Reed

Matt Perisho

Marlins get

Hayden Penn

Admin Bigbie

Jorge Julio

Steve Reed

Steve Kline

He said he isnt sure but he think the Marlins will pay $7 million on Lowell's contract.

866491[/snapback]

cool..i hope we don't pay lowells contract though

There's 0 positives from that trade. As they referred to it on the Hotlist today several times "Marlins selfing off their pieces" is exactly what it is. It's a white flag for 2005 and that to me is completely ignorant of the front office.

Really hope it doesn't happen.

I was told Burnett would get 4 years $48 million

866513[/snapback]

im sorry, not that i dont think your source is credible, but that is a lot of money for burnett

thats more than carl's deal and burnett has done nothing in his career to earn that kind of money.

he is technically damaged goods, has never pitched in the playoffs, hasnt won 18 games like Carl did last year..

just a crazy deal for a career .500 pitcher with an era of over 4

I think the deal is somewhat incentive based in the first 2 years, he has to pitch a certain amount of innings is all my friend told me, I am assuming he will only get so much money if he pitches under that amount of innings and if he reaches it he can earn up to $48 mil. Thats just how I interpreted it.

Luckily the Orioles Warehouse is slightly different than the Orioles Front Office, and I will believe it when I see it in the papers... hopefully not.

866517[/snapback]

The front office is in the warehouse :thumbup

866524[/snapback]

LoL, I guess that is true, all the Orioles offices are in that Warehouse building across from Camden Yards aren't they? Regardless, I think it is a bit bogus, the trade seems a bit one sided, and AJ Burnett does not deserve a deal similar to the one like Pedro Martinez recieved. That would just be insane, and poor judgement by the Orioles FO.