The two BIGGEST games of year IMO

The "real" FAN

I agree. I'd be satisfied with a split. It is difficult to sweep a double header, much less one on the road.

.As for the 2 most important games of the year.....I couldn't disagree more. Think of all the games coming up against the NL East. Also every single home game in the next 13 is important. All home games against weak teams. We need to take advantage of these. Every game is important from here on, but the next 2 in Coors where anything can happen I would have to say are the least important of them all.

Yeah, if anything, the Fish can afford to lose more to teams like Colorado (or Cincinnati or any other also-rans) rather than to teams that they are fighting with for both the division or wild card....which isn't to say that losing to Colorado would be good, but a sweep tomorrow is definitely not a must. But it would be nice.

The most important games of the year are in the month of September when we play every single one of the wild card contenders. Luckily for us, we have a solid home stretch with some not so great teams to cushion us through the recent injuries. We need Delgado, Enc, and LD to be healthy for that September stretch. Its going to be some fun baseball.

you guys gotta understand what this dude is saying

we're talking about a 1 1/2 game swing tomorrow...for instance, if we win both games, and the braves lose, we're only 4 games back of the division (if stros lose, we're only .5 games back) if we split, and the braves win, we lose a half game...

now, is a sweep a necessity? absolutely not...but how good would it be to go home 7 games above .500 and a game or a half game out of the wild card and only 4 out back of the division, i mean, its golden.

so necessary, no, would it be absolutely sweet as hell and give guys confidence especially on a huge comestand coming up against poor teams? absolutely.

go fish

Let's hope the two most important games are against Atlanta October 1 and 2. :thumbup

893051[/snapback]

wouldn't it just be nice to have such an overwhleming lead against the bravos that those games are meaningless??

893106[/snapback]

Yeah it would be nice, but I don't think the Braves are going down without a fight.

Let's hope the two most important games are against Atlanta October 1 and 2. :thumbup

893051[/snapback]

wouldn't it just be nice to have such an overwhleming lead against the bravos that those games are meaningless??

893106[/snapback]

Yeah it would be nice, but I don't think the Braves are going down without a fight.

893119[/snapback]

::plays independence day video::

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.