The Madden 2006 thread

Junior

According to IGN this is the first Madden to "fail to outdo itself". What a coincidence that this comes during the same year that there is no 2k football game to compete against.

893101[/snapback]

Kinda expected it to happen. Now that they don't have any direct competition, EA probably thinks that they are going to be able to slap on a new roster and slightly improve the graphics every year and people will buy it. While they are probably mostly right, smart gamers might want to hold off for a year or two if things get really bad.

As for me, EA was hoping to get all of those people who bought the 2k games the past year to pick up Madden, well I can tell you that this is one guy they will NEVER get to buy it.

I was considering the midnight thing, since that's only about noon on my schedule.

But, I've decided I'd rather wait and swoop in and get it in 5 minutes tomorrow. I have it reserved, so it'll be there.

And I can already tell I'll be turning off the passing cones, too much button pushing nonsense for my liking.

According to IGN this is the first Madden to "fail to outdo itself". What a coincidence that this comes during the same year that there is no 2k football game to compete against.

893101[/snapback]

Should have expected it though. No competition, so nothing to really compare it to.

The new features this year are a joke. As I said I don't want to play the sims, I want a football game.

I'm not buying this for the first time in awhile but if enough people agree with me, the monopoly contract is thrown out.

894790[/snapback]

I've been buying Maddens for the past few years, but I really think they've dropped the ball this year. Gonna rent it and if it isn't as good as it should be, decide to do the same as you. MVP has been good, though I don't want to overplay it due to no MVP 06.