How many people have given up on the Fish?

minus

They are still a long way from gone. I certainly have hope and intend to do whatever I can to help the cause. The worst thing for me would be if they left and I felt like I didn't do anything.

Everyone has every right to feel the way they do but I don't understand how you just turn off your interest in baseball. I love it and I couldn't look away if I wanted to.

Had there been more of a outpouring of support in another market, I'd be more scared.

However, I think by realizing that they simply can't get anything done with the city of Miami, the Marlins may have ended up speeding up the process for a new stadium in South Florida. Honestly, I think this ultimatum may be the best way to get a long-term home for the franchise since it's pretty obvious that MLB won't come back to South Florida if the Marlins are allowed to leave.

Plus, Wayne's been dreaming about "Wayne's World" for a while, and it's now put up or shut up for him, and we know Wayne always gets what he wants, and this is a situation where every party benefits.

They are still a long way from gone. I certainly have hope and intend to do whatever I can to help the cause. The worst thing for me would be if they left and I felt like I didn't do anything.

Everyone has every right to feel the way they do but I don't understand how you just turn off your interest in baseball. I love it and I couldn't look away if I wanted to.

I'm not that big of a baseball fan and not having a local team to root for will killed my interest in the sport.

I honestly feel that the Marlins will ultimately remain in Florida, but not in or near Miami...It is obvious that some fans have tried the best they can to support the Marlins but overall the town doesn't come out until playoff time, the seats aren't being filled enough... I would not be surprised if another city in Florida made a play of securing land/site for a stadium to lure the Fish to move within the state....

The hurricane shelter/stadium proposal seemed to me to be the last best scenario to keep the Marlins in Miami, but it seems that this issue has quieted down...

I honestly feel that the Marlins will ultimately remain in Florida, but not in or near Miami...It is obvious that some fans have tried the best they can but overall the town doesn't come out until playoff time, the seats aren't being filled enough... I would not be surprised if another city in Florida made a play of securing land/site for a stadium to lure the Fish to move within the state....

What city? No other city is nearly as big as Miami. Orlando maybe? Doubtful.

Major league baseball, nothing like it, I don't know what I'll do if our ball club ends up somewhere else, I can't even honestly state if I'll continue to support them if they leave. But I could tell you that I will be there opening day, I will continue to go to games, and I don't know about you guys but I love the rebuilding years, we learn alot about young talent everytime their is rebuilding. I have been a fan since 93' even when the 97 champs were gone and I had to see a man named Todd Dunwoody as a Marlins Centerfielder, And this year I will learn more from my organization which has given alot of young players like Dunwoody who would have never set foot on a major league locker room if it wasn't for these fires sales, as we become what we were in 2003 all over again, we will have more knowledge than my nearest "bandwagon" fans about our new team.....Stick with this team guys, IT WILL BE FUN, am telling you from personal experience, TICKETS might even get CHEAPER!

I think anyone who is giving up is being way premature, though considering how this town has treated the Marlins, I'm not really suprised at the defeatism. Miami should keep their beloved Dolphins who haven't done sh*t in the last 30 years and let the best franchise in South Florida go to Broward or West Palm Beach where the attendance will at least be average instead of dead last.